Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Tablelands Tours and Transfers tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Tablelands Tours and Transfers
from $902.33
from $1,092.66
from $958.72
More Info
All reviews private tour lake barrine customized tour coffee plantation great pictures year olds own pace day tour port douglas paronella park great tour kangaroos lakes queensland platypus rainforest atvs
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

This is the second school camp I have run with this company. Amazing, unique, tailored to our needs and brilliant both recreationally and educationally. Darrin is brilliant with both staff and students and accommodating of any necessary alterations. I have run countless school camps but my two with Tablelands Tours are my favourites by far.

Date of experience: October 2018
274darring, Owner at Tablelands Tours and Transfers, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2018

Thanks Tine.

I really do enjoy our camps together and love seeing the kids eyes light up when they are treated to anything from a restaurant quality meal, to a vivid sunset or a rare animal display. Interacting with the kids and teaching them a balanced view of environmental conservation mixed with swim-time under a waterfall or dripping an ice-cream down your front while watching the cows being milked is a second to none experience for me. I just love my job when I see what the kids take away from our tours.

THANKS !!!

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Darrin is the kind of tour guide that you want to keep hanging out with after the tour is done. He is smart, positive, and hilarious! His tours are flexible, so your day is customized to you and what you are in the mood for. We toured the Daintree on ATVs, cuddled koalas, played the Didgeridoo, followed around some kangaroos, and got to try out a mango winery all because of Darrin’s recommendations. We’ve done a lot of Tours by Locals and this was one of our favorites! Definitely hit up Darrin if you get the chance!

Date of experience: June 2018
274darring, Owner at Tablelands Tours and Transfers, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Hi Guys.

Thank you so much for your rating and review. It always gives me a thrill to read such reviews and believe me the feeling is mutual towards you all. In short it was sad to say goodbye. We spent such a short time together but you really made my day and I wish I could have showed you so much more.

You'll just have to come back, and I will make that promise to visit you in the States as soon as I can.

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

This is a small family business that is for small groups. We did a tour on port day from our cruise ship with a group of eight and we felt this was ideal size. We were able to go places that the fifty person tours could not . Darren grew up in this area and shared his extensive knowledge. We enjoyed the waterfall tour which included scone/tea or coffee breakfast and a salad/sandwich lunch each with wonderful outside views April was a perfect month and we had very pleasant weather. We enjoyed Darren so much that we arranged to meet him again later in our trip before heading back to the states. He is client-oriented and always paying attention to the individuals in the group dynamic. Highly recommended if you are in cairns for a day or more Check it out!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Darrin G, Owner at Tablelands Tours and Transfers, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Hi Peggy.

Thanks so much for such a wonderful review. Every person we have on-board with us must be treated like one of the family, that is our tried and proven method of keeping everyone satisfied, comfortable and leaving the day wanting more with a flood-tide of happy memories.
I must say it was easy work for me having you on-board, we solved the worlds problems along with having a few laughs, and observing the flora and fauna of this unique part of the world.

I really hope to see you again someday if time allows.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

We arranged a customized tour with Darrin in which we drove from Port Douglas to Townsville with stops along the way for wildlife viewing. Darrin was extremely committed to maximizing our chances of seeing platypuses and cassowaries and took us to the best wildlife spotting areas as well as some other beautiful places in the Tablelands. He was a lot of fun to spend the day with and very knowledgeable. Would highly recommend!

Date of experience: March 2018
Darrin G, Owner at Tablelands Tours and Transfers, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Hi Sasha.

Thank you so much for your rating and review. It makes my day to read that you and your family had such a great time out with me. The weather was very ordinary and got worse as the day progressed, this did make it somewhat difficult to find certain animals, and I wont mention how bad it was on the way home... Nevertheless, we did find what we set out to locate most of all you were all such a pleasure to have on tour... I would jump at the chance to have you again any time.

I assume you have now graduated, and trust that you will use your expertise to help preserve wildlife and habitat around the world as best you can.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

We were so pleased with the sights provided by Darrin on our tour of the Tablelands. Not only did he show us the physical sights in the area (Curtain Tree, two crater lakes, tea plantation) but also the wildlife we were hoping to see: platypus (!), tree kangaroo, fruit bats, and grey kangaroos. He is extremely knowledgeable about and provides a pleasant introduction to the region in a comfortable and clean van. And how could I forget: he was kind enough to stop for Tim Tams! Thank you, Darrin, for a great day in Atherton.

Date of experience: December 2017
Darrin G, Owner at Tablelands Tours and Transfers, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Hi Judith.

Thank you so much for the review. I try hard to please in everything I do for my guests and considering the days before we toured our day could have been worse with low visibility and rain. Indeed the wildlife cooperated and we had a great time all round. Your company on tour was super, and the tim-tams are always a hit.

if there ever is a next time you know who to call.