“Been back twice and it is still great”

Cairns Harbour Lights
Ranked #18 of 84 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2014

You just can't beat the location along the boardwalk. It is close to the shops, the restaurants and a great starting point for all adventures. We had a one bedroom apartment and having the cooking facilities is really a bonus. We could save on breakfast and then splurge a little more on dinner. We had the marina view and woke up with the sunrise. Whilst the restaurants are below, the noise dies down about 9-9.30pm. Staff are friendly too.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KdofMelb
CNSHarbourLights, General Manager at Cairns Harbour Lights, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for your great review and the level of detail that you have offered other travellers.
It's always great to receive feedback on our staff and it certainly assists them in striving to deliver a wonderful experience to our guests.
We hope to see you back for your third stay soon.

There are newer reviews for Cairns Harbour Lights

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I selected this hotel because of its rating and its location. It is at the southern end of the Esplanade where we spent most of our free day. So location was perfect.
The unit was first class, roomy, self contained and my 2 key requirements, bed comfort and hot water consistency were met.
The staff were also helpful.
I wanted to book the hotel for the nd of my bus tour but the price was 50% higher than I paid in may so I found somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
CNSHarbourLights, Director of Sales at Cairns Harbour Lights, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Our room rates do fluctuate with the hotels occupancy. High periods include school holidays and special events. If possible it's always best to book in advance when occupancy is lower.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Iryna M

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Gday All,

I recently stayed at the Cairns Harbour Lights on the 20th June 2014 for 1 night in a One Bedroom apartment,

Normally, I would not stay at his Hotel however, have stayed here once before and accommodation was limited for this night.

Arrived at the location and check in process was easy and uncomplicated. Location is easy to find.

Parking is good without being to pokey and struggling to park. Cost to us was $10.

Stayed on Level 2 which was same level as the car park. Upon entering the room, it was OK. Obviously well used and by that I mean room near main door had big yellow marks on the carpet and bathroom had mould all around the door. However room was other wise Ok. I would say the rooms are you standard 1 bedroom rooms and were not small and generous.

The location is fantastic and that is a big draw card to me. The room I was in was looking across to the Hilton and literally a 1 minute walk you are at the Reef Casino. Underneath the hotel is a Italian restaurant, that whilst I didn't eat, had a steady stream of people going in and out of it.

It is a central location and that is a massive plus.

Overall, ok stay. Staff were friendly. Would I be back. Yeah if I was struggling to get my favourite place where I normally stay.

TIP - for those needing a pair of socks like I did, just walk to Woolworths and buy them there. LOL

Thanks Cairns Harbour Lights - you go OK.

Cheers

Room Tip: Avoid Level 2 and ask for a room higher up.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
It's always good to receive feedback that can assist other travellers and your review was detailed and well explained.
We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised that it is still in good condition - rooms are a little small, but very clean and well maintained. Only downside is finding a decent breakfast - plenty of places in town, but limited choice nearby.

Room Tip: Search around for a breakfast venue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Succhi11
CNSHarbourLights, General Manager at Cairns Harbour Lights, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you for your great review. We're pleased you were able to come back to the hotel and found it as enjoyable as you had in the past. Our top breakfast suggestion is Pullman Cairns International, located a short walk from the hotel. They offer a full buffet that receives great feedback.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here as I was travelling through Cairns for work.
Great views, good location, good facilities and friendly staff.
Even though I only stayed for one night, I would very happily stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're glad your stay was enjoyable.
Hopefully you'll get an opportunity to stay longer next time.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We (my wife and I) recently spent 10 days in Cairns. We originally booked at another apartment hotel but changed two weeks before our trip to move a better location in Cairns. We booked a one-bedroom apartment which included a kitchenette.

The location of the CHL is great - right on the harbour - and the apartment was well maintained, clean and comfortable. We had a partial view of the harbour / inlet but, with it's location right on the water, this is a minor consideration. We could walk out the back of the hotel right on to the boardwalk that runs along the harbour foreshore. The Reef Casino is a two minute walk from the hotel - my wife loved this feature! It's also a pleasant couple of minutes walk to the Esplanade, a hub of activity in Cairns.

The service was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. Room service was discreet and efficient when we did have the room serviced. We opted out service a couple of times to sleep in.

Regrettably we didn't dine at Dundees (the CHL restaurant) but It seemed every time we walked past it in the evening it was packed.

We booked direct with the hotel and at the end of our stay there were no surprises - we were aware of the $10 a day parking charge, in fact quite reasonable.

In sum, the CHL is good vale for money in terms of location, facilities, comfort and service. I would recommend it to couples and families alike, especially for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Ours was at the end of the corridor on the 7th floor. Can't fault it - no noise - lovely sea br...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and the level of detail that you have offered to future guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again very soon.