“Great location in Cairns”

Cairns Harbour Lights
Ranked #17 of 85 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Great location in Cairns”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel is right on the waterfront of the esplanade. It is in a good location and I could walk to many parts of Cairns CBD from it. The rooms were not very large but the views from my room were awesome.
The hotel is the perfect spot to get on tours to the Great Barrier Reef, etc cos it is right at the ferry terminal. It was such a short walk to my tour boats.
I arrived in Cairns very early in the morning and the hotel was able to plan my tours for me. He staff at the reception desk was very accommodating and when I asked for rooms on higher floors, they obliged me. I had a great stay and loved every minute I spent in Cairns. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and may stay here when I visit Cairns again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with ocean views
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The Cairns Harbour Lights is located on the harbour so the rooms have views of the water. It is only one block to the main part of town and there are restaurants right out the front door. Rooms are very spacious and modern but cheaply furnished. I stayed 3 nights and my rate did not include daily servicing - I would prefer a cheaper rate than daily servicing. There is a pool and gym on the fourth floor. Parking is an additional $10 per day and spaces are limited so you may have to park in driveway or in the restaurant parking (the hotel staff will give you a token to exit the restaurant parking which is normally $12). Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We arrived early in the morning and asked for early check in.
The room was ready so we could go in as soon as we arrived. Also I asked for an upgrade for ocean view and they had one room available and they upgraded me for free. Thank you. I appreciated (I asked by mail prior my arrival but it wasn't sure to have the upgrade).
Best location at Marine, just in front of wharf where the boats leave to Great Barrier Reef. I suggest Great Adventures everything was perfect. Minutes walk to Esplanade, restaurants and Lagoon.The apartments were really good, clean with everything needed. Kitchen with all the appliances, a comfortable room and a good bathroom. The living room was the best with harbour and sea view.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Marcoola, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed at this hotel after being at the Pullman for business purposes earlier in the week. I had decided to stay here rather than Pullman due to the cost difference, however would not make that mistake again. The first room that I was placed into was tiny, and looked out over a carpark, despite asking to be on a higher floor with some sort of view at time of booking. I asked if I could be moved to a higher floor, and was told I couldn't. I asked what the upgrade fee was to a better room/higher floor and was advised that it was >$100 upgrade fee per night (I stopped her before hearing the full cost). It would have been cheaper to stay at the amazing 5 star hotel I had come from than pay that fee! In the end, they suddenly found a room available on a higher floor.
This room had the same layout but was a lot larger, and far more pleasant with a view. The water pressure was amazing (yes, I notice these things!) but the bathroom was a little awkward and not designed that well - the water flowed out onto the floor drenching the bathroom after a shower, and the showerhead smashed to the ground every time the water stopped.
Other than that, we were much happier with this room, and this was the level I would have expected in the first place.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lou7000
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Cairns, it has one of the best locations in the city if you are planning on going out to the reef as it is right in the marina. It is also right above many waterfront restaurants and across the street from the main area of town filled with tour agencies, restaurants and shopping. The rooms are big as it is also an apartment building so it is great lodging for extended stay; as all apts have kitchens and living rooms with balconies. A full service gym is also on property as well as free wifi. This location and the amenities cannot be beat for the price. Things to note- there is not daily maid service, but there is room service from the 1st floor restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple