“great value for money”

Cairns Sunland Leisure Park
Ranked #65 of 84 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We hired a camper van and stayed one night camping before deciding to stay in onsite accomodation. We looked at our options and we boooked a villa with toilet and showers. The villa was spacious and layed out well with a lovely little verandah out the front. The grounds were fully maintained and the camp kitchen when we camped the one night was fitted out with everything to make your stay comfortable. The place was peaceful. For what you pay it is great value for money.

Room Tip: Definately one with a verandah.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cairns Sunland Leisure Park

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night after flying into Cairns late on ouray up to Port Douglas and needed somewhere for a short sleep and shower.
Upon arriving, the gentleman that greeted us was very friendly and welcoming even though I was after 10pm.
When we arrived to our cabin, the room was spacious and clean.
There was cutlery and tea making faciltiies and milk in the fridge.
Whilst I didn't feel safe driving round at that time of night given the people wandering round the streets, the park was fenced and the windows of our cabin all had security grills on them.
Overall, good value for money for a short stop over - We did not use any other facilities in the park.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aussie_sammy87
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed there about a week as we had some time to kill in Cairns. They had a fantastic deal for 38 AUD for a cabin with TV and kitchen. It's located a few km outside the city center but it's not a problem if you have a car. Facilities are clean and so was the cabin. Only free WiFi was missing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there for one night in December 2012 during our trip along the Great Barrier Reef.

The stuff at the entrance was really nice. Our apartment was the first one right in front of the entrance.
As we read some negative comments beforehand, we were a little frightened to stay there but were disabused: the apartment was clean and tidy, the fridge (which was new) and the microwave were also clean.
The bathroom was also neat and as we left the windows and doors closed, no insects etc. were able to get into the cabin.

We were surprised how much we enjoyed staying there (due to the bad ratings).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Arriving at cairns we had no idea on where to stay. Arriving at this caravan park the staff were quite nice. Pool was fairly dirty. Woken up the the unsafe and loud neighbours next door screaming and slamming and yelling. I wouldn't recommend this caravan because I simply felt unsafe with the surroundings

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank Abbie1313
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I have been staying off and on at Sunland Leisure Park now for over 30 years. When we first got married and being young all we could afford was to rent a caravan at Sunland Caravan Park, as it was known back then. Back then it was a rough place, but every body got to know every body. It was like a little community. I don't know what it's like now but my wife and I still enjoy staying at Sunland when we travel to Cairns. We have no problem with the staff, they are friendly, the rooms are clean and we all ways feel safe when we are staying there. Staff, continue the good work you are doing.My wife and I will continue to stay at Sunland for many years to come.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the cabins out the front at the 1st avenue, very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jackson-gavin-69
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is mostly a residential camp, the clientelle is mostly single middle age men. Not a pretty sight first thing in the moning on their way to the looo and showers, The cabins need fully refurbishing. The hot plates take forever to heat up. You can put on the hot plate and go for a shower, come back and it still isn't hot enough to cook.
I cleaned under my bed myself after find 20 cents covered in dust when I checked under the bed. The owners daughter who is the day manager is the most unfriendly person on the camp,she never gives you eye to eye contact which in a customer service role is not good. You are made to feel than any request is a pain in the bum.The mattress is an old sprung mattress that pings when you roll over. It was more comfortable to sleep at the bottom of the bed which hadn't had as much use. .Also it is in a very cfrime ridden area. I was advised not to go out alone after dark. I was also spat at bat one of the younger chaps living just outside the camp. He purposesly aimed at my foot. So one to give a miss.

Room Tip: The cabins near the front of the camp are better because they are used by visitors. The residential...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo