“Great stay”
Review of 201 Lake Street

201 Lake Street
Ranked #25 of 82 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Reviewed June 5, 2014

stayed 5 nights in May. Apartment was clean and fairly well equipped, although had a couple of small issues ( couple of lights not working) they were fixed promptly. Every thing was close, walked to esplanade in under 10 mins. staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing to improve would be a few more basics in the kitchen. Would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed at 201 Lake street for three nights in a one bedroom apartment.

The Apartments:

Well appointed , spacious and fully equipped with modern appliances. Air conditioned , great shower and bath( excellent pressure) . Everything you need and complemented by a good sized balcony.

Facilities :

No restaurant but shops and restaurants nearby. There is an underground car park with direct lift access. No charge for parking. I loved the swimming pool, great for those who like lap swimming.

Location

About 1km from town but very close to the esplanade boardwalk. If you have a car keep some coin on hand for parking meters. I noticed a bus stop out the front where you could take a bus to town if you wanted to. The sun palm airport shuttle is very convenient to and from the airport.

Always friendly and efficient without going over the top. I found the Manager Phillip especially helpful and accommodating.

Overall

Excellent and very hard to fault- I will certainly be back and can thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Checkedout77
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here in November. Nice clean apartment with great kitchen. If you want a sleep in perhaps you should stay elsewhere. The cleaners start outside your door before 7am, the vacuum the tiles outside the door and empty garbage bin right outside the your door, there is no hope of sleeping in. But you certainly have a very clean hotel, The pool is very cold but otherwise is a lovely environment. Staff are very helpful. Great balcony.

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Would recommend to anyone who likes lots of light, fresh air, well appointed apartment, good walking distance to town and esplanade very quiet when door closed. Management very polite and attentive. I loved my stay here and we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Recently had a 4 night stay at 201 Lake Street, absolutely no qualms about staying again, well maintained property, a little extra care around the pool would be the only fault I could find. Very quiet resort which suited our short stay. A decent walk into town, along the Esplanade to a broad range of restaurants, the RSL would be the closest, with many more further along the strip. We had a one bedroom apartment which I would recommend for that extra room for longer stays. Excellent value. Highly recommend you will not be disappointed with this resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kangakid
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I usually stay over the road at Rydges, which is old and dated. A friend put me on to 201 Lake St Apartments and I'm hooked! The apartments are very modern with huge stand alone bath. I'm 5'11" and often struggle in a bath with knees to my chin. I could stretch my legs out and soak in the bath, awesome! There is a balcony with louvres and 4 seater table, kitchen with convection microwave and hot plates. Large bathroom with walk in shower and the bedroom has a really comfortable king size bed.
It's over the road from Mater Private and walking distance to the Base. Close to the Esplanade and walking distance to the Pier with all it's great restaurants. The manager is very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DonnaGoldCoastQld
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a couple of teething problems on our first night at 201 Lake St. The first was that I thought we had a full oven so bought some meat to roast but got back to the apartment to find we had a convection microwave but no problem we could do it the microwave but there was no dish that would fit into the microwave! We went out for dinner and there is no shortage of eating places in Cairns. Later that night I had a shower which was lovely until I went to grab a towel and realised that there was water all over the floor and out into the lounge room around the toilet everywhere so spent the next 1/2 hour trying to wipe it up with a squeegy mop and towel. My husband spoke to the manager as we were going out the next morning and came back to find a new tile across the entrance to the shower and a microwave proof dish so full marks for that. The apartment was large and had an adequate kitchen with a dishwasher, bath and shower and washing machine and dryer which made life very easy! Soap powder was provided for the washing machine. There was a little balcony which had louvres so I used it to dry my washing, it would be good if a little clothes airer was provided but I didn't find it a problem. The bedroom was comfortable and roomy with a king size bed and a fan which was great we hardly put the air conditioner on over the week we were there. It was in a good location a flat 5 - 10 mins walk to the restaurants and a pleasant walk along the boardwalk. The room was serviced once during our stay which was nice as many apartments aren't if you are there for a week. We didn't use the pool but noticed that it maybe needed a clean and in fact the outside was a little tired but I realise that in tropical locations things deteriorate quickly. It was quiet with no parties or anything and I believe there are units occupied by fly in fly out workers so I guess they need a quiet place to stay . We were very happy with getting taxis to and from the apartments never had to wait very long and when we had a hire car it was no problem to use the parking area underneath. All in all it was a great place to stay and we would be happy to go back there.

Room Tip: We had a room which overlooked the Private Hospital and had o outlook over the mountains it was a on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple