“Great location but house a bit neglected”
Review of Granadilla Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cairns
Granadilla Villa
Ranked #52 of 83 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Hi, having read all the reviews we were really looking forward to our stay in the villa. However, it was not quite up to our expectations. While the villa itself is well laid out and the pool and the view beautiful there were some aspects which were not all that great. The main lounge was very dreary with lots of old sofas and chairs covered in mismatched throws. The TV was great but the bookshelf full of videos was pointless as there is no video player just a DVD player (and no DVDs). The kitchen was well equipped but could do with some new plates and mugs as most of the ones supplied were chipped.
The bathrooms and bedrooms were nice but the lack of linen and towels was a bit of an issue. While there is a huge laundry room, and I have no problem washing/drying items I did find having to strip the beds, wash, dry, iron and remake them all in one day a bit irritating. As we stayed for three weeks I had to do this a number of times. An extra set of linen would have solved this problem.
The outside furniture has seen better days, especially the sun loungers and chairs. The barbeque was not very good and after a couple of attempts we did not use it. However, overall the villa is nice, the location is good and Ivan was very helpful in organising tours for us.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2009

This house was great for our holiday as we had a couple of familys also stay with us.
Great for the kids, beautiful views, just a wonderful house all round.
I have already been recommending it to people.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I travel to Australia from Malta almost every year as my partner is from Sydney and we visit family. However, this was my first trip to Cairns and part of an extended tour of Oz, planned as my son's 21st birthday present. It was his first visit, so I wanted everything to be perfect. I found Ivan and Lorina's Reef 'n Rainforest B&B while surfing the Net 6 months prior our departure date, and immediately fell in love with the idea of having a "private" waterfall right outside our room! After exchanging a few very friendly e-mails with Ivan, he suggested that since there were going to be 3 adults, he'd prefer his guests to be comfortable, and placed us further up the road, in Granadilla Villa. I Googled the location and was thrilled with the arrangement. In the months leading up to our arrival, Ivan and I exchanged correspondence often where he informed me of all there was to do in Cairns and even sent me a detailed "Your Cairns Homework" e-mail. He went well beyond his duties as a host and we became friends long before we even met.
Unfortunately, we arrived at the villa around 11.30 pm - some 7 hours later than originally planned - but Ivan had very kindly seen to it that some lights were on in the house and even switched on the air-conditioning so that when we got there, the first sight that greeted us were the fairy lights round the pool seen through the large french doors of a beautiful and large, cool home. I say home, because that's how it felt the minute we walked in.
A large living room with 2 suites and a massive TV screen against the wall; an extremely well-equipped kitchen that has more gadgets than my own at home (and I'm a gadget person), 4 bedrooms - the master bedroom with an en-suite and walk-in closet - a laundry room that's about 10ft square, if not larger, a most innovative bathroom with Jacuzzi and a glass ceiling (!) and one smaller living space (with fireplace for the cold season!) which serves as an Information room and has one wall efficiently stacked with brochures for all the tours/trips. Outdoors - a large roofed patio with barbeque; a pool with a spa (with child-proof fence) and a decked area with loungers; and grounds large enough to play cricket in - which 'the boys' did!! And the view......breath-taking! We never felt the need to go out to dinner - we made full use of the "barbie", and the well-equipped kitchen made preparing meals quick and enjoyable. A glass of wine on the deck in the still evenings was the perfect wind-down to our daily outings. Many were the times when I sat in the spa late at night or watched the sun rise while nature came alive - the birds, the butterflies....
I cannot praise this accommodation enough. It is an efficiently-built, eco-friendly home with lots of light and space. There are large glass sliding doors in all the rooms and insect screens throughout. There's "intelligent" lighting indoors and out which turns on and off automatically. It is well equipped down to the last detail - hi-speed internet; air conditioning and ceiling fans; fresh towels laid out and you'll even find stacks of beach towels; stylishcrockery in the kitchen, coffee maker, toasters - and an electric wok!
Other reviewers have already said everything else to praise this holiday home. I would like to add that Ivan is the cherry on the topping! He took us down to the car-rental company and waited till our car was sorted. He called round the house again the next day to help us plan our tours, etc., and then booked them for us. Without being intrusive, he always made sure we were having a good time, and invited us to the B&B where we chatted with him and Lorina over a glass of wine - right by the waterfall..!! - and met their two wonderful teenagers and their dogs :) It seems Ivan cannot do enough for you and his business is successful because his priority is the wellbeing of his guests.
One word of recommendation. Do not cram too many tours in too short a time. Granadilla Villa is a "holiday" in itself. Spend time in it and enjoy it! We stayed for 10 days, and when we came to leave, they had to tear me away!!
I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2008

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for a wonderful holiday in Cairns.
We all had a great stay in your beautiful holiday home and will be
recommending you to anyone in Tassie we know heading your way.
Our highlight was the wonderful day we spent on the reef thanks to
your wisdom!! Will certainly be back to stay if we get the chance.
Once again a big THANK YOU!!!

Tassie deckchair

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank TassieDeckchair
Reviewed March 3, 2007

Quite simply- I wouldn't stay anywhere else when in Cairns. For a family looking for space to spread out ,Granadilla is the perfect property. An affordably priced large 4 bedroom home with fabulous views of the city and ocean set within luxuriant tropical gardens, Granadilla is 10 minutes from major shopping centres and 15 from the city. Large screen TV, DVD, books, movies, broadband internet, large pool, spa, BBQ, large decked area and massive yardage with mango trees and frangipanni: there's enough room for even the largest family. Believe me - you will never have to see the kids (if that's what you want!) because there is so much space and so much for them to do. Fabulous kitchen, large dining room, large main bedroom with TV, walk-in and ensuite. Stay a couple of weeks - as the longer you stay the more you can really relax into the tropical lifesyle. We try go every year and it really has become a home away from home. Managers Ivan and Lorina are lovely and always quick to help with any requests. Oh and did I mention you never have to see the kids!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank besl
Reviewed January 15, 2007

Stayed here in October 2006 sharing with friends this fabulously clean, well equipped spacious villa. Fantastic gardens with the added bonus of a private pool with lovely views overlooking Cairns. A wonderful place to relax after a hard days sightseeing. The Mall is within walking distance where there is a supermarket and places to eat including ' Sizzlers' The manager Ivan was extremely helpful with advice about places to see and activities to do, car hire etc; although the villa has a well stocked library of brochures. We would highly recommend 'Grandilla Villa' to anyone looking for spacious accomodation in this area.
Paul & Alison Thornton & Family
Gloucester, England

Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank nicholasjnr
Reviewed November 26, 2006

We have stayed at Granadilla Villa on a number of occassions over the past couple of years. This magnificent four bedroom, two bathroom, fully airconditioned, large home is nestled into the lush tropic surrounds of Earlville just minutes from one of Cairns major shopping centres and just a few minutes from the CBD. Sleeps 9 comfortably.

Booked over the internet initially by searching holidays homes Cairns. This is certainly our favourite holiday accommodation when taking our family to Cairns. Truely a home away from home, very affordable, well presented, modern decor, well equipped kitchen, pool, BBQ, well maintained gardens, fully equipped laundry, wide screen TV, DVD, VCR, with additional TV in master bedroom, computer access. The Villa truely has it all. You won't be disappointed.

Within walking distance of local corner store and not much further on to cinema's, restuarants and one of Cairns major shopping centres.

The location is superb and facilitates great views of the city but is privately nestled in an elevated position that allows you to feel you are away from it all.

A short 10 -15 minute drive to the beautiful northern beaches and many tourist attractions.

The managers of this excellent family friendly holiday home are only too happy to ensure your stay is memorable.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Shae-Shani