All reviews motel offers free shuttle to the airport close to the airport shuttle service minute walk continental breakfast flight path a ground floor room room was spotless kitchen facilities quiet location small kitchen spent nights self catering town centre wonderful stay port douglas
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Reef Palms has a warm welcoming feel about it. The rooms are spacious and clean plus they have a balcony where you can sit and unwind after a day out.
This property is within walking distance to the esplanade and some family friendly eateries. They also run a shuttle into town all you need to do is ask at reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the after hours side entrance gate. This can be noisy especially late in the evening,
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I picked it as a potentially quiet place in the noisy town we decided to overnight at. Nice walk to town via esplanade, large room with tub and facilities but ended up getting a car back. Near the airport and easy to get away the following morning.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I spend two nights at Reef Palms, the room is beautiful with the furniture.
We had a small balcony two good beds and everything the only little problem that we encounter was in the bathroom we arrived late at night after 8 hours spent in a bus my girlfriend wanted to take a shower before going to bed it was around 11:30pm but at the end of her 10 - 15 minutes shower we realised that the entire room was overflow by the water coming out from the shower.... we had to call the night manager but all the room were taken so only solution was to bring a lot of towel to dry the floor as much as possible more than half of my stuff were wet... the next day I ask the reception to change room in order to be able to take a good shower or even maybe a bath if I feel like it. They nicely offered to change my room and even offer to move my stuff for me but as everything was drying I did it myself at the end of the day.
My girlfriend took a bath in the other room and I took a shower after her and after 5 minutes I saw the water coming up the pipes so I had to finish taking my shower 2 minutes after 2 minutes in order to avoid another catastrophe.
To conclude the room and the facilities are beautiful, the employees are great and act fast in case needed but the showers need to be fix.

Room Tip: Good room but keep an eye on the shower
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FromVBToTheWorld
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We were initially very surprised with the room. We had booked a room for three people but never expected that the spare bed would have something of a divider, thereby affording a degree of separation/privacy. The kitchen facilities were great though we were not there long enough to utilize them.
As we were a family with different events to attend, that necessitated different times of return to the motel. One of the group arrived home early in the morning and was met by a male who behaved inappropriately. When this was reported to staff as we departed,
they took it very seriously, viewing cctv footage and requesting the offender leave the hotel.
We were very impressed with the managements response to our concerns and heartened to the point of ensuring we stay there again on our next visit to Cairns.
The hotel is also nicely located, close to the city but far enough from it to avoid the noise and bustle..

Room Tip: We had a room which backed onto a small park. It was beautifully shaded and cool.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret D
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Motel style experience with basic room and dated furnishings. Room was clean and spacious though. Location was about 30 minutes walk from downtown. We booked for 4 nights and came to know that they will not change Bed-sheet everyday , this means hygiene issue as we traveled with 2 kids.
We wouldn't stay here again because of the distance from town and the dated nature of the property.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family