All reviews free shuttle to the airport close to the airport great hosts shuttle service minute walk continental breakfast flight path a ground floor room spent nights kitchen facilities small balcony self catering town centre lovely pool central cairns booking tours full kitchen
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Reef Palms and wish we had booked here for all of our time in Cairns. The rooms were spacious,with modern furniture and very comfortable. They were clean and the kitchen was well equipped for self catering. Fantastic shower and plenty of hot water with shampoo, conditioner,shower gel and lotion all kept filled up. Staff were very helpful and the daughter of the owners even used her own vehicle to take us to the airport free of charge-above and beyond! The free shuttle into the city was an added bonus and the walk back along the esplanade at night used up some of those extra calories gained from Cairns great eateries.Well done Reef Palms. You will be top of our list for any return trip and thank you for making our stay so pleasant.

2  Thank Rose G
Sharon H, Owner at Reef Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for staying with us, the weather here in Cairns is still wonderfully warm though a little chilly at night. David, Belinda and I are happy you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again when next you come to Australia.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The owners are rude, arrogant and unhelpful. My overall experiences unpleasant and I would never stay there again. The owner watched me carry my large bag up a flight of stairs and did not offer to help. When I asked him to call a taxi the next day, when I checked out, the owners told me to use my own phone.
The rooms basic and nothing like the photo. My room had a horrible pokey balcony, which was dirty and had a terrible view.
Overall the rudest service I have ever experienced.

Room tip: Find another place to stay!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
8  Thank kristy c
Sharon H, Owner at Reef Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I am very sorry you were disappointed with your stay with us. Unfortunately, we can only offer a free drop off service to the Reef Terminal to guests who book their Barrier Reef Tours via our Tour desk, I'm sure you would understand that this is a free service we offer and we can only drop off so many guests as our vehicle only seats maximum of 7 guests. With regard to room servicing, again I am sorry if your expectations were not met, we change linen every 5th day of stay however we do not make beds on a daily basis to keep the costs to guests as low as possible. Tea,Coffee and sugar with a starter carton of milk is supplied and condiments are again refilled each day, we offer little sachets of pepper and salt if required from the reception counter, they are not normally supplied in rooms though. We will certainly take on board your comments for future planning. I do hope that you enjoyed all the sights in Cairns.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Just spent a week in Cairns, pleasantly surprised by this nice motel. Very spacious self contained room, a courtesy bus that will take you to the the city and to your tours pick up points.

The owners & staff was very friendly. Will help with every need you have, makes holidaying very easy.

You can also book from a wide range of tours just at the motel desk, just great!

Sharon H, Owner at Reef Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you very much, we enjoyed having you stay with us. Weather in Cairns still wonderful, am sitting in Teeshirt and shorts and it is the middle of our winter - bit different to Adelaide I would think.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We recently spent five nights at the Reef Palms, and were sure we made the best selection in Cairns from the moment we arrived! We were unaware (our own fault, I'm sure) that we would need a code for our Saturday night arrival. When we showed up without one, David immediately came down and welcomed us, retrieved keys and said we could leave the paperwork until morning. When we walked into the large, clean room we were again sold. The set-up was perfect for four family members with a queen and two singles, as well as a table and four chairs for dining. The kitchen was efficient and allowed us to self-cater and eat like kings using the barbecue by the lovely pool, as well as the fridge and stove top in the room. All items needed were provided. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, a tone surely set by David and Sharon as they made us feel cared for personally. We booked a reef tour ( delivered to the harbor and picked up in the motel van) and Tjapukai tickets through the front desk and settled up at the end of our stay. We appreciated knowledgeable guidance balanced with choices; we never felt that one company was being pushed, but rather that the aim was to match our preferences with the right experiences. Awesome! Thanks for a wonderful stay. We are happy to recommend Reef Palms to friends, including those in the TA community!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jkh_10
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we are glad you enjoyed your trips. It is important, when you are spending money for tours that our staff provide feedback to you on the best value tours with the inclusions you would like to see. We hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was the perfect hotel for our 4-day visit to Cairns. The front desk staff and hotel owner were extremely friendly and helpful. It's true that the hotel isn't on the main Cairns strip, but it is a very pleasant 20-minute walk into town and thanks to that walk my husband and I were able to enjoy the promenade, evening volleyball games and side-walk cafe. Also, the hotels in town cost considerably more. The room was fully equipped with a kitchen and balcony, and at night and in the morning I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. If i go back to Cairns I will stay at Reef Palms again!

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank bloomingdaledc
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. David and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.