“Will return again”

Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Brisbane, Australia
“Will return again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Whenever our family visits Cairns this is where we stay. It's clean, quiet, affordable and has caring staff. We would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Cairns. It's not fancy but meets your needs. Having four children they were very accommodating and was within our tight budget. Happy to stay anytime.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MumTwoFour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way up to the cape so location on the Bruce highway south of the city suited us fine. Room was very clean, except maybe the carpet, I did notice on myself and my toddler after bathing that our feet got dirty again from walking around on the carpet. Has tea and coffee, toaster, microwave, all handy. However one thing that did irritate me was the sign saying $25 charge if you leave your dirty dishes! So you have to wash your tea cup and plate in the bathroom sink with one of your face washers (I couldn't locate a dishcloth for this purpose). I have never come across this in a motel that claims 4 star. I also had to fill the kettle using the bath as it didn't fit under the tap in the sink. Petty I know, but it still annoyed me! I will say the manager ?Owner was very accommodating and allowed us to park our camp trailer in a car spot. The bathroom is very spacious and overall the price wasn't too bad. Lastly right next door is a dodgy looking Chinese restaurant that turned out to be some of the best Chinese food I've eaten in a while

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jen4993
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The manager met us before we could get out of the car and made us feel so welcome, even though she was short staffed and very busy. What an amazing lady. She seemed to do everything. including cooking us a lovely meal in here restaurant. The place was full of regulars and I can see why. They appeared to be construction workers and added to the atmosphere. Very clean budget accommodation efficiently run. Comfy beds and lovely bathroom. Off the street parking felt very safe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christine S
Mackay, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been to this place with my team, 4 times in the last two years. We have scheduled meetings with our clients in this city. Every time we stay here only and feel more comfortable and relaxed, than our last stay. Services, staff, food, everything is excellent. It is an affordable location for anyone. I must say they really value their clients.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jaco Z
Port Hedland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Central Location, Massive rooms, Clean comfortable beds and pillows, great value for money, hosts make you feel like family, close to shopping facilities, nice little pool, short drive to the esplanade. Will be back :o)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Samantha M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Cheap stay, nice rooms, microwave, plates forks knives toaster always handy. Definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Cliffy1983
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Wow - I was so impressed with my stay at this hotel. It has a very homely feel and my family were very relaxed. The food from the restaurant is very affordable and impressive. The rooms were honest and clean and contained anything you may require in a motel. My family and I loved our stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family