“our best snorkeling adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Reef Experience

Reef Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: One Great Day at One Great price includes : city bus transfers, 2 spectacular Outer Barrier Reef locations, breakfast, wetsuit hire, 6 hours at the Reef, Marine Biologist Reef presentation, lunch, glass bottom boat, reef levies, afternoon tea your choice of an introductory dive or a certified dive. For people who can’t swim or aren’t confident in the water our friendly crew will take them on a guided snorkelProudly locally family owned and operated.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Gold Coast
“our best snorkeling adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

As my husband and I had not been snorkeling we wanted to experience the sensation of it. So with a lot of research and locals in the know we boarded the Reef Experience boat. They were helpful from the start always explaning what was going on , what to expect and how to use all the gear. We also could have taken up a dive, but opted out of that. We were taken to two reefs , and the experience we had was truly magical. Thanks to the staff we felt safe in the knowledge that they were watching us at all times, and were warm and friendly. Thankyou so very much,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“reef experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

the whole two days was a dream from the first minute we arrived until we departed. The food was excellent but most of all was the experience itself. I am not a good swimmer and was very nervouse about going in the water but kate one f the crew came out with me every time and was so patient. i would never have dreamt at how emotional it was to see such wonders in the ocean. i would tell everyone this is such a must whilst in australia. Thanks to all the members of the crew expcecially kate and lauren.

3 Thank scoobydooAustralia
wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My incredible day on the great barrier reef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2009

Date: 23/02/2009
Reviewer: Jonathan Hainsworth
My family and i have just arrived home from two brilliant weeks in Cairns Australia which was made more perfect by the incredible day we enjoyed with Reef Experience.
While out diving and snorkeling on the great barrier reef the crew were very helpfull and made are day so very speical they were extremly knowledgeable about what we can see and where to see it, the crew were freindly and were also more than willing to enter the water and share there experiences with us so that my children wouldn't miss a thing for which i'am really greatfull. The boat was very clean and comfortable with a sun deck for all those sun worshipers between diving.
There was plenty of good food on hand as swimming can make you hungery.
It was a pleasure to travel with reef expereince and will again travel with them if given the chance to return as the cost was so reasonable for the enjoyable day we all shared as a family

3 Thank chockywales
Melbourne
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Reef Experience Great Barrier Reef Australia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

Service were really great, the people are extremely FRIENDLY.

We were picked up from our hotels on time, boat was extremely CLEAN, Food is good, number of people are just right, enough for all of us to wander around the boat.

Crews are funny, nice, and friendly. We took introductory to snorkeling, guided around, and shown different type of fishes, corals, turtle.. She paid attention to each of us really well, how we breath, how our goggles fogs, etc. For anyone who never snorkel before, you would be fine.

We were taken care really well.

Highly recommended for everyone who wants to have fun.

Thanks Guys. We enjoyed our times.

Will definitely come back.

4 Thank Monzzta
Aberdeen, Scotland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fab boat, Fab crew, look no further and read my special story”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

I decided to dive with reef experience on a recommendation from the YHA travel desk. I had some previous dive experience but due to problems on my diving course was rather concerned about the whole thing. On the first morning I spoke to Dan (one of the instructors) who told me there were 'No worries' all would be well. I dived, had a fab time and signed for a second dive in the afternoon. Over lunch Alex and Gabrielle (Marine Bio) found out I was only a couple of dives away from getting my open water dive certificate and encouraged me to speak to Dan. I ended up diving the next day, getting my certification and going back again for a third day, for my first 2 certified dives.

I found all the crew to be really friendly and by the end of my three days they felt more like family and the boat like home. They are a very professional crew who enjoy what they do and want YOU to enjoy your experience with them. The food was good with a traditional BBQ breakfast, buffet style lunch and cheese and wine on the return journey. I would have no hesitation recommending this company and am looking forward to joining their sister boat, Reef Encounter next year.

Very special thanks to Alex and Gabrielle for their encouragement and Dan, who worked his day off (I believe) so I could take my certification dives. See you next year

4 Thank dora_an_explorer