“Great locations”
Review of Reef Experience

Reef Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: One Great Day at One Great price includes : city bus transfers, 2 spectacular Outer Barrier Reef locations, breakfast, wetsuit hire, 6 hours at the Reef, Marine Biologist Reef presentation, lunch, glass bottom boat, reef levies, afternoon tea your choice of an introductory dive or a certified dive. For people who can’t swim or aren’t confident in the water our friendly crew will take them on a guided snorkelProudly locally family owned and operated.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great food, good staff, good dive locations. Would recommend it. There wasn't anywhere designated to put your bags unless you were staying overnight, so pack light

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The food is amazing, the accommodation great, and the reef everything you'd expect and more. My girlfriend and I chose to do our Reef Trip on board Reef Encounter because of their 'Hostie' programme: you go onboard as a paying guest, then when your time is up, you work for them in return for food, accommodation and a minimum of two dives/ snorkel sessions per day. As backpackers this was amazing because it was a very good way to spend more time out on the reef than we could ever have afforded otherwise. We both loved being part of the crew, they're warm, friendly, fun people who were all a pleasure to be around. I'd recommend it without reservation, but if you're scared of working, don't even bother- the days are 15-17 hours long (though you get time off in the afternoon to go in the water), but the work isn't difficult, although you'll be on your feet all day. We loved it and put the work in and ended up staying for a week and it was easily the highlight of 6 months in Australia for both of us. Totally worth it. Thank you for our time onboard!
Lauren & Chanelle

1  Thank Rugbygirl8
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Amazing experience an they best day ever. Staff were amazing and the food was lovely. Couldn't have made the day better. Saw what I came here for an that was to see a turtle in the wild an swim next to it an also shark in the wild an be just metres away from it. The price for the trip is worth it if you ask me! Also the second dive is a must!! To be down near to floor of the sea an be close up to the fish is amazing!! Best company to book with!! Thanks for an amazing day!!

1  Thank ChelseaSmith91
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

From arrival on the boat to the very last bye when we left the whole day was great. Staff were fantastic, good was great and all at a very competitive price! The inclusion of an introductory dive is a fantastic option for anyone who had never dived before. The guided scuba tour was also worth doing at the site. Overall a brilliant day, can't recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank caz310
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We are from Michigan, USA. After researching travel books and websites for months we settled in Reef Encounter. This says I'm limited to 200 words so I'll suffice it to say we booked Top Deck and from the moment we walked to get on transfer boat the service, kindness, food, diving, snorkeling, was TOP NOTCH. I don't know why I can only write 200 words cuz I'd write an epic novel. It was worth every penny. Karl saw to every need and then some, we loved him--the rest of the crew, too many to list them all were fab. (Capt. Ben, Christian has great hair ) The food was so delicious (Josh I'd LOVE to have the recipe for the couscous salad we had the first day --gahhhhhh!) The boat itself is a dive boat, don't except the Hilton on water. But it's maintained, clean, spacious, and even with some rough weather Capt. Ben was able to move so there was minimal movement to sleep. Our room was very nice, clean and plenty big. Hot water never ran out in 4 days! The staff is just amazing, can't say enough. My husband got certified -- we did 3 nights 4 days. Gorgeous reefs-- I just concur with all the great reviews. We LOVED our Reef Experience trip and would do it again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to anyone thinking of staying out in the GBR. Just do it. You can't put a price in things like sleeping and waking up on the Great Barrier Reef. Just do it.