“Great staff, excellent locations”
Review of Reef Experience

Reef Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: One Great Day at One Great price includes : city bus transfers, 2 spectacular Outer Barrier Reef locations, breakfast, wetsuit hire, 6 hours at the Reef, Marine Biologist Reef presentation, lunch, glass bottom boat, reef levies, afternoon tea your choice of an introductory dive or a certified dive. For people who can’t swim or aren’t confident in the water our friendly crew will take them on a guided snorkelProudly locally family owned and operated.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great staff, excellent locations”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The proprietor of our hotel recommended this tour, and she was absolutely correct. From the beginning of the tour, we could see the staff was very organized and thorough. They were also all incredibly friendly and helpful. They patiently equipped us with wetsuits, snorkels, goggles. We could also sign up for scuba diving. They give an introductory lecture, and there is also a marine biologist on staff who gives talks on the marine life we'd be seeing. They have digital waterproof cameras for rent as well, though the number is limited so you have to act fast.

We went to two different locations on the outer reef that were wonderful. There was plenty of food for everyone throughout the trip, and they made sure to accommodate all dietary constraints including my friend who has several food allergies.

I am a novice swimmer, and if I had one suggestion, it would be they should have floaty vests available for people who'd want one. They had noodles, and I took one out for a short time. But I found it was less reassuring than the vest I'd rented while in the Caribbean. The seas got rough in the later part of the tour, and I lost my nerve and didn't go out again. They do have a glass-bottomed boat available which I should have taken advantage of. I was trying to push through my fear, which in retrospect resulted in wasted opportunities. My friend who is a far more experienced swimmer than myself went out over the sites several times and enjoyed the experience immensely.

1 Thank love2travelny3

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Columbia, Maryland
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Highly recommend, wonderful staff”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We used reef experience for our day trip to the explore the reef because our hotel recommended it and we were not disappointed. THey allow a free dive at the first reef stop and my husband was hooked! I enjoyed a snorkel tour at the second stop and would recommend this to anyone not diving. The food was also excellent and made the non-water time very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this company!

2 Thank Jennifer T
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely the best!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a choice of going either with Marine World or Reef Experience. We're so glad we chose Reef Experience because (1) we spent more time at two difference dive sites instead of one, (2) crew kept us informed and entertained at all times, (3) great instructors, (4) great service, (5) knowledgeable and very friendly crew. We highly recommend this tour and will definitely do it again if we have a chance to go back to Cairns. Thank you Reef Experience!!!!! (Those who went with Marine World weren't very happy: some flew back on the helicopter because they got bored.)

Visited May 2012
1 Thank James W
Dundalk, Ireland
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Definitely the best company to see the reef with.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Before arriving in Cairns i thoroughly researched all of the reef trips and this one came out on top. After our trip i can see why it is rated so highly. The boat is nice and big so it is ideal for people who get seasick. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The food is fantastic with a huge selection, salads, fresh fruits, curries, sandwiches etc. We got a deal which involved snorkeling and a introductory scuba dive(it means you don't need a qualification to do the dive. The snorkeling was amazing and the scuba dive was well worth it too.The boat provides wet suits and stinger suits which are great as they help you float easily. The locations the boat goes to are great and there are no other boats at them so the water isn't too crowded. The reef itself is amazing, like nothing i have every seen, so many different fish and corals (i found Nemo!). The boat also has an on-board biologist who gives a talk so that you know what you are looking at. Everything feels very safe and everyone is friendly which results in a very comfortable experience. I would highly recommend this trip.

6 Thank milkjunkie90
Pretoria, South Africa
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“great day out”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a very good deal. The staff is well trained and re assuring and very clear on instructions. One of the instructors was a model LOL. It is the barrier reef so it is going to be good regardless. I went on a day when the sea was a little rough and it was raining but still enjoyed.Thanks to all the staff at reef experience, excellent communication via email and also at the office

2 Thank LauB74