“Highly recommended reef tour”
Review of Reef Experience

Reef Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: One Great Day at One Great price includes : city bus transfers, 2 spectacular Outer Barrier Reef locations, breakfast, wetsuit hire, 6 hours at the Reef, Marine Biologist Reef presentation, lunch, glass bottom boat, reef levies, afternoon tea your choice of an introductory dive or a certified dive. For people who can’t swim or aren’t confident in the water our friendly crew will take them on a guided snorkelProudly locally family owned and operated.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommended reef tour”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Reef Experience was fantastic: I thoroughly enjoyed my day, despite the awful wether conditions!
The staff were absolutely fantastic, making every passenger feel safe and special. All day service was attentive and friendly, and all the staff went out of their way to help me and the other passengers. I walked off the boat with a smile on my face by the end of the day.
The reef locations were also good: all on the outer reef, with beautiful coral and a range of fish to see. Sadly I didn't see any sharks, turtles or sting rays. Not sure if that was the location, or just unfortunate luck! I tried snorkelling and scuba diving. The sites landed themselves to both, so if you only want to snorkel you won't be missing out! The staff also cater well for first-time scuba divers and certified divers from what I could tell.
I was exteemely nervous about scuba diving, but the dive instructor was fantastic and helped me stay calm. Without him I wouldn't have been able to complete the dive! The team were highly professional, and made me feel extremely safe. I thought it was good that the introductory dives were in small groups: one instructor with just 4 people. My instructor made excellent contact with us in the dive, while giving us some freedom to explore the coral ourselves almost immediately, which was perfect!
The equipment hire is all included in the cost of the tour, and all maintained to a very high standard. First time I've had a snorkel mask which didn't leak!
We were also given plenty of informantion, ranging from safety information for snorkelling and scuba diving, to facts about the reefs we would be visiting by a marine biologist. There is also a photographer offering professional photographs and/or camera hire on board.
The boat is also fantastic - spacious and smart, with plenty of indoor seating and outer decking upstairs. The food was sublime: egg and bacon roll for breakfast, fresh fruit platters, delicious and freshly prepared buffet lunch, topped off with wine and more fresh fruit at the end of the day!
Get seasick like me? The crew were great: they sell sickness medication onboard (expensive, but good back up if youve forgotten yours) and there are plenty of sick bags. The sea was rough when I went out as there had recently been a cyclone, and half the passenger were seasick, but the crew stayed calm and in control throughout, offering support to everyone who needed it.

The staff make this trip. The reefs were great, but I don't have any other experience to compare them to. What I do know is that without the crew, I wouldn't have had such a positive experience!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Jessica L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent day out, if short on time this is the trip for you.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was a really enjoyable, exciting and interesting experience. It made better by an extremely friendly and helpful crew. I had never scuba dived before and this was the best part of the trip. The 2nd dive was also great value and longer than the first dive.

2 Thank Tobin82
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really nice crew and great snorkelling”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The crew was well organised and friendly. The first reef visited was brilliant and they offered the option of trying a scuba dive if you so desired. The lunch was delicious. The crew was extremely supportive to those that were not strong swimmers, even going out with them in the water to help, and safety was a first priority. I would recommend this tour to anyone looking for a nice day out at the Great Barrier Reef.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank EMcNomad
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The trip was definitely one to remember as it was my first time doing the reef. The sites were good, the staff was gloating how the 2nd spot on the tour was a turtle and reef shark haven; none were seen (not something they can control, obviously). Staff was also disorganized, they didn't know who had prepaid for a 2nd scuba dive and who hadn't. If I were to do it again, I would try a different company to see what the difference would be.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Chris G
Dublin, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Amazin trip”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Really recommend this trip! Crew were brilliant well trained and enthusiastic, scuba diving was well worth doing! Felt really safe the whole time! Did your by marine biologist was good but too many weak swimmers in our group slowed us down should be done in 2 groups!!

2 Thank Louise O