“great fun! would definitely go again.”

Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome
Book In Advance
More Info
$17.79*
and up
Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome
Ranked #62 of 145 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cairns ZOOM is the world's first Challenge Ropes Course in a wildlife park, situated in the centre of Cairns on the rooftop of The Reef Hotel Casino. Experience adventure at varying heights and levels of difficulty on the Mid-ZOOM and Hi-ZOOM courses with 65 elements of crossings and ziplines - including one which takes you directly over a 4 metre saltwater crocodile! The PowerJump is a free-fall adventure with a 13m drop, whilst the Dome-Climb offers spectacular views of the city, the Coral Sea and surrounding landscapes. Make sure you spend some time interacting with all our wildlife, with Shows and Presentations throughout the day. Keep an eye out for Snowy the rare white kookaburra, as well as turtles, pythons, freshwater crocodiles, lizards, gliders and hand-feed our pademelons.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 19, 2013

we went to cairns zoom & wildlife without really knowing what it is and what to expect. turned out to be great fun and a good way to spend a few hours climbing around trees, screaming your heart out (hanging above a crocodile, scary!!!) , having fun with all the animals (the birds are hilarious!!!) and especially enjoying the view all above cairns…
great fun for couples, families, friends, simply everyone! thanks a lot to the great team working there :)

All reviews
in 45 reviews
"challenges"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you're very much into animals and wildlife (like me) then it is worth it to see some animals you probably won't see back home. The gigantic salt water croc was impressive (even though he was just basking but he is very much a sight to see).

I was happy enough just walking around and looking at the animals but I don't think it had the 'wow' that would make people who aren't enthusiastic about animals be happy to pay the entrance fee. The people I was with felt that way and so I went in on my own. I would have liked to have seen the croc feeding especially but I went on the wrong day and my schedule in Cairns meant I couldn't take advantage of the 5 day ticket validity.

I wasn't interested in the activities but if that's your thing then it might be worth it.

Like I said, I'm happy that I've been and I would have liked to see the talks but I don't feel as though I need to go back if I'm in Cairns again (which is the disappointment for me). I spent about less than an hour in the zoo.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I like activities where you push yourself and see what you can do. I didn't go to see the animals but I saw a few animals there. I went to try the high ropes course and zip lines. I liked the fact that there was a warm up which wasn't particularly hard and then it went higher in grades. The more confident you get, the easier it is. It is good for balance and exercise. I did all of the levels and while it was a bit expensive, I enjoyed stepping off the last high fall test. Good fun. The cost for all 4 levels was $75 which was a bit much for what you get but if you get right into it, it is fun. I guess it is what you make of it. Great family activity and a good use of the space in the dome.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The dome is a pretty great environment, the highlight is definitely the high ropes and zipline obstacle course above the animals. The birds are fantastic and entertaining too.

The location is awesome - the Reef Hotel and Casino is a gorgeous property with lots to offer. I definitely recommend going here if you want some adventure or if you have some restless kids.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wildlife:
Smalest range I've ever seen. If not croc, I would say comparable to backyard.

Activities:
Notihng special, there is a lot of cheaper and better climbing activities.

Service anf false advertisement:
The booklet will offer you entry and number of activities of your choice.
However they WILL NOT let you go to the line above croc before you do the boring mid zoom line.
There is no such condition in the booklet, and they will not tell you when selling the tickets.
You will know this only inside and you will be charged extra, of course.

Try to argue, and you'll see the best attraction there - the manager Peter Mackinnon trying to justify undisclosed conditions. He does not hide that this is happening all the time - perhaps it's their business model.

1  Thank Yuri Z
CaPTA_Group, Owner at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment at the Cairns ZOOm & Wildlife Dome. I can assure you our wildlife park features many species of animals you would not find in a backyard, including koalas, lizards, bettongs, mahogany gliders, turtles, snakes, and a rare white kookaburra, as well as many bird species only found in Tropical North Queensland.

With regards to the requirement to complete the Mid-ZOOm before attempting the Hi-ZOOm, this is to ensure that participants have an appropriate level of fitness and skill to complete the Hi-ZOOm, as it is more complex and difficult. This requirement is clearly stipulated in our current brochure and on our website, and is also explained prior to purchase of entry or ZOOm activities, as it was in your case. When you then expressed your disappointment, our Assistant Manager offered you a full refund if you did not wish to do either course, however you refused and instead chose to upgrade to do all 4 activities.

- Ben Woodward, Family Owner / Sales & Marketing Manager.