“High Ropes course and birds are the main attraction”

Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome
Book In Advance
$149.02*
Australia Multi-City Attractions Pass
$72.50*
and up
Cairns by Night Walking Tour including Cairns Wildlife Dome and Cairns Night...
$19.33*
Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome
Ranked #41 of 161 Tours in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cairns ZOOM is the world's first Challenge Ropes Course in a wildlife park, situated in the centre of Cairns on the rooftop of The Reef Hotel Casino. Experience adventure at varying heights and levels of difficulty on the Mid-ZOOM and Hi-ZOOM courses with 65 elements of crossings and ziplines - including one which takes you directly over a 4 metre saltwater crocodile! The PowerJump is a free-fall adventure with a 13m drop, whilst the Dome-Climb offers spectacular views of the city, the Coral Sea and surrounding landscapes. Make sure you spend some time interacting with all our wildlife, with Shows and Presentations throughout the day. Keep an eye out for Snowy the rare white kookaburra, as well as turtles, pythons, freshwater crocodiles, lizards, gliders and hand-feed our pademelons.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Melbourne, Australia
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“High Ropes course and birds are the main attraction”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

There are some amazing birds in the wildlife dome. The black cockatoo and the white kookaburra were the standouts for me. The tour of the wildlife dome was very interesting and particularly informative about the birds.
The high ropes courses are what make this place really unique. It is fun, challenging and for us the only way we got to see the white kookaburra!
The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Korean first
sydney
3 attraction reviews
“improving layout”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Hi its been a pleasure re visiting the dome there still needs to have more animals included But the couple of new enclosures are a work of art well to BEN I was told who built them keep on going and add some more mate so you can increase the number of animals.
the keeper talks on the day I went with my elderly parents were really good the keepers name was BEN I don't no if its the same person who has designed and built the new enclousres or not but what a professional and what knowledge he had and the time he spent with the public was just brillant. Guys don't loose this guy he is an asset to the company. I hope he will be there again when I visit and I look forward to seeing more changes. Keep adding animals and you will do even better I will be back. Keep price low so the average family we attend regularly. Once again the staff were all great

Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time but a little small”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a blast at cairns zoom but the only real issue is we were done with everything (zoo, and both zooms, dome climb and power jump) in about 2 hours.

Can't fault them though as space is very limited.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the ropes courses were very fun and at times challenging (nothing too extreme).

Overall this was a good option for us as most of our trip was full day activities and this gave us a chance to relax and enjoy the esplanade and cairns cbd a bit. If you're looking for a full day activity give this one a miss but if you would like to see some animals and do some climbs for an hour or two this is a great way to do it.

Adelaide, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hard competition”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

There is some though competition for wildlife encounters in Cairns. This is a good idea, but compared to the tours and other places, it just feels overpriced. If you don't want to leave the cbd and still see a live croc it's an option but othervise it's not really worth the mone.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not value for Money. Very small. Only if you have very limited time.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Was really disappointed when I went Saturday 31/8/13 . Not a lot to see. The Zoo is contained in the doom only and this is a small area. I stayed about 20 minutes and saw everything.. This would be okay for a tourist with limited time as they have a couple of crocs, snakes, koalas, fish, a turtle, and a few birds. The exhibits the animals are in are very small.
I paid to do the elevated walk, and it wasn't until after I paid they told me I needed to hire shoes for $5.00. I hadn't even stepped back from the counter so they new before selling me the ticket I was wearing thongs. I refused as I didn't want to wear shoes others have worn. No refund so paid $45.00 for entrance to zoo and stayed about 20 minutes as not much to see.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank StevoJMelb
CaPTA_Group, Owner at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment. As explained on your comments on our Facebook page, it appears there was a misunderstanding on our part - our staff member did not see that you were wearing thongs until after making the sale, so we apologise for her not explaining beforehand. She also thought that you were going to obtain shoes from your place of accommodation, as you didn't request a refund, which she would have happily arranged for the ZOOm experience.

It would seem that you did not see all the animals in the Dome, as there are many more species than those you’ve listed, including frogs, lizards, bettongs, and mahogany gliders. Your ticket is valid for re-entry so you can attend our wildlife talks and presentations throughout the day, which gives you more interaction with the wildlife and our knowledgeable keepers, so that you can make the most of your visit.

With regards to the size of our enclosures, they actually meet, and go above, all biosecurity regulations, and biosecurity are actually very impressed with our standards.

- Ben Woodward, Family Owner / Sales & Marketing Manager.