“Hard competition” 2 of 5 bubbles

and up
Australia Multi-City Attractions Pass
Ranked #37 of 157 Tours in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cairns ZOOM is the world's first Challenge Ropes Course in a wildlife park, situated in the centre of Cairns on the rooftop of The Reef Hotel Casino. Experience adventure at varying heights and levels of difficulty on the Mid-ZOOM and Hi-ZOOM courses with 65 elements of crossings and ziplines - including one which takes you directly over a 4 metre saltwater crocodile! The PowerJump is a free-fall adventure with a 13m drop, whilst the Dome-Climb offers spectacular views of the city, the Coral Sea and surrounding landscapes. Make sure you spend some time interacting with all our wildlife, with Shows and Presentations throughout the day. Keep an eye out for Snowy the rare white kookaburra, as well as turtles, pythons, freshwater crocodiles, lizards, gliders and hand-feed our pademelons.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Adelaide, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hard competition”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

There is some though competition for wildlife encounters in Cairns. This is a good idea, but compared to the tours and other places, it just feels overpriced. If you don't want to leave the cbd and still see a live croc it's an option but othervise it's not really worth the mone.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not value for Money. Very small. Only if you have very limited time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Was really disappointed when I went Saturday 31/8/13 . Not a lot to see. The Zoo is contained in the doom only and this is a small area. I stayed about 20 minutes and saw everything.. This would be okay for a tourist with limited time as they have a couple of crocs, snakes, koalas, fish, a turtle, and a few birds. The exhibits the animals are in are very small.
I paid to do the elevated walk, and it wasn't until after I paid they told me I needed to hire shoes for $5.00. I hadn't even stepped back from the counter so they new before selling me the ticket I was wearing thongs. I refused as I didn't want to wear shoes others have worn. No refund so paid $45.00 for entrance to zoo and stayed about 20 minutes as not much to see.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank StevoJMelb
CaPTA_Group, Owner at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment. As explained on your comments on our Facebook page, it appears there was a misunderstanding on our part - our staff member did not see that you were wearing thongs until after making the sale, so we apologise for her not explaining beforehand. She also thought that you were going to obtain shoes from your place of accommodation, as you didn't request a refund, which she would have happily arranged for the ZOOm experience.

It would seem that you did not see all the animals in the Dome, as there are many more species than those you’ve listed, including frogs, lizards, bettongs, and mahogany gliders. Your ticket is valid for re-entry so you can attend our wildlife talks and presentations throughout the day, which gives you more interaction with the wildlife and our knowledgeable keepers, so that you can make the most of your visit.

With regards to the size of our enclosures, they actually meet, and go above, all biosecurity regulations, and biosecurity are actually very impressed with our standards.

- Ben Woodward, Family Owner / Sales & Marketing Manager.
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time and Really Good Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice setup. Extremely courteous staff and very friendly. Good workout too. The birds/wild-life were few and far between. That's not what you come here for. Visit the zoo for that.

This is a bunch of (low to medium level) adrenaline opportunities that suit beginner/child etc Nice layout and far better than having the same in a boring old warehouse.

Will visit again when next in Cairns.

Visited August 2013
Cairns, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great fun! Great workout! Completely out of my comfort zone, highly recommend, was a lot more fun that I thought it would be. & LOVE my photo of Goliath the crocodile, a BIG thank You for Pete for helping me finally get there! & Bree was lovely too Cairns Zoom staff are always here to help you get though the tricky bits & were lovely and patient & I always felt safe.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Friday1980
Brisbane, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really fab attraction, especially spotting all the different birds in the dome. Our kids loved it here and definitely recommend. You won't spend hours in here but a few is all you need to keep the kids happy before you head to the lagoon!

Visited October 2012