“Not for experienced divers.”
Review of TUSA Dive

TUSA Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Cairns based, TUSA Dive are the day tour scuba diving and snorkelling specialists to the Great Barrier Reef. With more than 25 years experience in taking visitors to the reef, TUSA Dive strive to make your Cairns reef tour as memorable, educational and exciting, as it is possible to be.The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world, composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching for 2,600 km (1,600 mi) along the coast of Queensland, in Australia's Coral Sea. Labeled as one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, and a World Heritage listed region, visitors come from the all over the planet to visit this incredible icon... Our Great Barrier Reef.Experienced scuba divers and snorkellers alike can travel to the outer reefs in ultimate comfort on board Cairns' newest and best reef day boat, the TUSA 6. Launched in August 2011, the 24m TUSA 6 was custom designed for Great Barrier Reef cruising, cairns diving and snorkelling, and each day visits two unique reef locations from Tusa's choice of 16 spectacular dive and snorkel sites.Tusa Dive's professional and friendly dive crew are on hand throughout the day to assist you in ever way, and can provide education for snorkeling, first time "introductory scuba diving" (PADI Discover Scuba course), PADI & SSI Referral Courses, and PADI Open Water courses.For divers looking for more than a day trip, multi-day scuba packages are available for day touring and Tusa 6's big sister, the Spirit of Freedom provides 3 to 7 day liveaboard diving expeditions to the iconic dive destinations of the Cod Hole and Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea.TUSA Dive are proud to be accredited as an Advanced Ecotourism Operator, committed to providing a service that reflects our responsibility to contribute to the conservation of our Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and pass on this rich heritage to future generations.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"buffet lunch"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We would highly recommend scheduling certified dives with TUSA. We had become certified in the cold lakes of Wisconsin in October of 2012. I was convinced that I may not dive again because I forced equalization while training and spent lots of months with ear barotrauma. I decided that this was a chance of a lifetime and I'd never forgive myself for not trying it.

We chose to dive 3 times during a full day trip on July 5, with the help of Sue from the Cairns Holiday Inn who is also a certified diver. We left the dock at approximately 7:30 am and returned at approximately 5:30 pm. Once on board, we were briefed by a great staff about the day, then divided into groups. We dove with a guide and six other certified divers. Since this was the first dive after becoming certified for us, yes, of course we were a bit apprehensive, but Blair, our guide, was AWESOME!! He briefed us on the equipment and the dives, then we were off. The equipment was great and it was set up for us very efficiently making getting ready for the dives quite easy. Once in the water, we all descended together. There was a rope to guide us down on the first dive which was a great way to be sure that one didn't descend too quickly. The rope was there for the second dive if we chose to use it, but on the third dive we didn't use it at all. Equalization was no problem at all on any of the dives!! YAY!! Blair was very alert and quick to react to any problems. I struggled a bit with buoyancy. Blair added weights or removed weights as needed and helped me understand some of the things I was doing incorrectly. He also took the time to verbally explain what I was doing incorrectly after we got back on the boat. By the last dive, I was able to be completely on my own and we absolutely LOVED it!! It was AMAZING!!!. I never dreamed that it would be as awesome as it was. We saw many, many different fish, coral and even green sea turtles!!

If you have any reservations about diving, this is definitely a great group of people to start with!!!! Thanks for the memories!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

First time snorkelling on Great Barrier Reef and it was brilliant! Both spots were great! Saw heaps of fish, a turtle and a small shark! Yikes!! The staff were friendly, funny and professional! Vili was hilarious! Thanks for a great experience and a fun day, fantastic value for money!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Super day out with the top-notch Tusa crew - great dives, good equipment and delicious lunch. Even though it rained all day - who cares when you're underwater!