“Amazing crew, boat, lunch and experience”
Review of TUSA Dive

TUSA Dive
Book In Advance
More Info
$162.63*
and up
Great Barrier Reef Eco Snorkel and Dive Cruise from Cairns Including Lunch
More attraction details
Owner description: Cairns based, TUSA Dive are the day tour scuba diving and snorkelling specialists to the Great Barrier Reef. With more than 25 years experience in taking visitors to the reef, TUSA Dive strive to make your Cairns reef tour as memorable, educational and exciting, as it is possible to be.The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world, composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching for 2,600 km (1,600 mi) along the coast of Queensland, in Australia's Coral Sea. Labeled as one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, and a World Heritage listed region, visitors come from the all over the planet to visit this incredible icon... Our Great Barrier Reef.Experienced scuba divers and snorkellers alike can travel to the outer reefs in ultimate comfort on board Cairns' newest and best reef day boat, the TUSA 6. Launched in August 2011, the 24m TUSA 6 was custom designed for Great Barrier Reef cruising, cairns diving and snorkelling, and each day visits two unique reef locations from Tusa's choice of 16 spectacular dive and snorkel sites.Tusa Dive's professional and friendly dive crew are on hand throughout the day to assist you in ever way, and can provide education for snorkeling, first time "introductory scuba diving" (PADI Discover Scuba course), PADI & SSI Referral Courses, and PADI Open Water courses.For divers looking for more than a day trip, multi-day scuba packages are available for day touring and Tusa 6's big sister, the Spirit of Freedom provides 3 to 7 day liveaboard diving expeditions to the iconic dive destinations of the Cod Hole and Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea.TUSA Dive are proud to be accredited as an Advanced Ecotourism Operator, committed to providing a service that reflects our responsibility to contribute to the conservation of our Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and pass on this rich heritage to future generations.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Cairns and on the top of our list was "visit the reef". a family member of mine works at Tusa's dive shop located on the Esplanade so we were reccommended by her, and I am so very glad we were.

The crew are friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and on the ball. you have the option of signing up for "more dives" once you are on the boat too.

With a load of about 40 people on the day we went out, the crew did an amazing job kitting everyone up, safety briefing everyone and generally just making sure the passangers knew what they were doing. it cant be easy trying to organise 40odd people and they do it with such a can do, happy attitude! i cannot praise them enough.

We visited two sights, "flynn reef" and "oasis"...amazing! bright coral, fish, tutrles, reef sharks! i was so impressed i didnt want to leave the water...oh and they have a photographer on board caputring moments throughout the day and at the end u have a choice of going through them and ordering any you may want.

Lunch on board was an aray of breads, quiche, salad, tea, coffee, soft drink, cold water, pasta salads and meats...plus its a buffet, go back as much as you like.

all in all i had the most amazing time, such a well oiled machine, so enjoyable and i would reccommend it to anyone!..well done Tusa6

There are newer reviews for TUSA Dive

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had 3 great days diving with the very professional guys on Tusa with 3 dives per day. The boat never felt crowded (though snorklers sitting on the dive platform chatting while you try to get out with full kit was annoying). The staff where always friendly, professional and safety oriented and the equipment on loan was of a good quality. I cannot recommend them enough and we would certainly dive with them again if we get back down to Oz

Reviewed January 31, 2013

i have dived with Tusa twice now and both times they have beem exemplary. The first time I went with them I didn't tell them I was an experienced, licensed diver who had lost thier nerve. I did a resort dive and it was so well organised and unrushed they checked the divers were happy and confident every step of the way and it got me back into diving.
The second time i went with Tusa I had a 14 year French student with us who had never even snorkled before. After the intial briefing for a resort dive one of the dive masters who was french speaking and had spotted our young guest took her aside and went through the briefing in her own language to ensure she had understood everything.
When it came to the actual dive our young guest was unable to descend. She was told to hop back on the boat and she would be looked after. And she was after the planned dives were completed the fantastic Figian divemaster came and took her into the water helping her every step of the way and (metaphorically) held her hand throughout the entire dive. The guys were all wonderful and made our day out a life memory. Thank you TUSA.

2  Thank Z4ZUMA
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Was a bit worried on my first round since there were a lot of divers (over 20) plus snorkelers (no clue on count) plus discover scuba divers (no clue on count).

However, the system that TUSA has is extremely safe and works. They triple check to ensure everybody is on board after each dive and are methodical in getting your next tank up and going.

The staff is very friendly and has a can do attitude (I'm horrible at names but remembered Sarah who was really good and very helpful; as were a couple of other girls and guys on there but I can't name...bad with names remember :)?). You can tell they all love what they do and work as one cohesive unit helping one another to get the job done.

All around for such a big operation they have it nailed down. Boat was beautiful and included 2 showers, four bathrooms, two floors (each floor had and air conditioned room for those that got plenty hot). Free sun tan lotion included (use it don't burn like me!).

Went two days in a row and was very happy my first dives on the great barrier reef was with TUSA.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had heard good things about Tusa. It was supposed to be the newest vessel leaving the reef terminal, being billed as a contender for the best way to see the reef ex-cairns.

Maybe I just picked an unfortunate day. Maybe I am just fussy. It was still a fun experience and even a bad day diving is a good day right? The staff were all friendly and the equipment was good too. We had nice weather and saw heaps of fish and turtles.

I went out on 29/1/13. We arrived as asked at 745am but the boat didnt leave for over an hour after that. Is that normal? To leave just before 9am and be waiting on the boat at the pier for so long? If it wasnt normal and something had happened certainly no staff made any effort to relay this to customers. I asked and was just told "we are waiting for something. we will leave soon". OK.

So we got going and everything was fine. Had some briefing for the divers in really really hot room on upper deck. Was told (again, only after enquiring) that no, the air con was playing up that day with some confusing sentence about a generator. How do they not have air conditioning on a tourist boat in North Queensland in the summer? Weather forecast said 37 degrees and they had no problem sending their guests out in a non-airconditioned boat.

Eventually arrived at first destination and ready to dive in just under 3 hours from when we checked in at boat. Dive site was good, instructors helpful, equipment fine.. everything you would expect. Majority of customers seemed to have two dives at the same site before lunch.

Lunch is not bad, just extremely simple. Some bread rolls and cold meats and a couple of salads. I think i saw a frittata also. You dont go out on these boats because of their great foods but it is definately inferior to any Quicksilver boat, Sunlover boat, Ocean Spirit. In saying that it is not the worst food on the reef. There was nothing hot.. they just pulled it all out of the fridge and onto the counter. Nothing wrong with that i guess; as long as that is what you are expecting.

After lunch all customers (at least my friends and the other guests i was talking to) found out we would not be moving to another location for an afternoon dive and that in fact as staff told us that without having turned on the motor or seemingly gone anywhere we were in a quote "completely different location". I'm not going to say that that wasnt true but really, if that boat had moved more than 50 feet while we were eating lunch, i wasnt the only one who didnt notice.

Came back, boat still has zero airconditioning in middle of Cairns summer. Still no announcement about it from crew... just wanting to get off their boat in the end.