$120
$147
Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
$152
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$153
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$91
Pacific Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$116
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$176
$128
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsquiet streettwo blockscontinental breakfastfree wifistayed here for nightsbed was comfortablehome away from homecentre of townshort stayair concairns esplanaderosemarytoursaustraliamotelkitchenettewalkable
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights while on holidays in the region. It is located a couple of blocks back from the esplanade so no spectacular views, but our 3rd floor room had a nice outlook. It is an easy walk to the shops and cafes. As noted by other reviewers, the women at the reception were always very friendly and helpful. The room was basic but clean and all we really needed as we were out doing tourist things for most of the day. The melanesian decorations around the hotel were a nice touch.
One downside of the hotel if you have a car is that the carpark is outside and hidden around the corner with little surveillance. The hotel offered a continental breakfast in a dark and not very appealing room on the ground floor so I would suggest you bring your own or try many of the cafes in the city.

Room Tip: The third floor is best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
explorerCairns, Owner at Tropical Heritage Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your review, it is very helpful to us to see ourselves through the eyes of our guests. In regard to the rooms, all rooms have ensuites, digital LCD TV, fridges, coffee tea making facilities and all rooms have been refubished in 2011/12. It would be helpful to know what else we could do to improve the rooms withing the constraints of the competitive tariff? Also we have several categories ranging from studio rooms which I understand you selected up to Executive Suites which are amongst the most luxurious available in Cairns
In regard to the car park, we are aware of security even though we have not experienced any problem but we are negotiating a fence with electric gate access on the rear car park as well as an additional security camera.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Heritage and look forward to your next visit.
Sir Peter Barter

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our room was clean. The staff were friendly and helful. We even asked to be upgraded to a balcony room and that was no problem. They did not even charge us for it. Great advice on what to do in Cairns and where to eat. Value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good
1  Thank TrevJ61

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and your request for upgrade was possible. We always endeavoiur to upgrade rooms is available.
Sir Peter Barter

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed for a few days in April 2012. The service and hospitality is what will bring me back to this hotel next time in Cairns. My flight arrived at 4am and Rosemary left my key and a nice welcome note in the lock box so I could access my room immediately. Now that is a seriously early check in but I was not charged for the extra night. How lovely it was to be accommodated in such a way. The large hotel chains would never have considered such a thing. My room was very clean and all the fittings and furnishings were near new. Very nice beds and quite location. I walked to the shops, the waterfront and the movies just down the road. Nothing to complain about and Rosemary and the team come highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We required accommodation close to Cairns Private hospital to enable us to visit a family member during a weeks admission. As well as being a 5 minute walk to the hospital, the hotel was only a short walk from the waterfront which allowed us to enjoy relaxing walks along the boardwalks to the lagoon and Pier. Rooms were spacious, with a refrigerator and microwave and crockery and cutlery sufficient for preparing simple meals. A washing machine and dryer was available for the hotel which made it easy to manage our own washing for 3 adults and family member in hospital. Also within walking distance of the hotel was St Monica's Cathedral with it's magnificent stained glass windows - a modern representation of the creation story with Australian and local themes included. All of the staff were very helpful and assisted with any of our requests. Hotel decor had a theme of the tropics with paintings and statues of Melanesian themes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vagabondAustralia
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My top criteria when selecting and evaluating a hotel is cleanliness. The amenities are nice to have but not always a requirement. And the Heritage goes to the top of my list for well-kept and immaculate rooms, bathrooms, kitchenette, and lobby area. Our suite was furnished with attractive furniture, a very comfortable king bed, great TV, and all the cooking utensils we needed. We prepared breakfast and lunch in the room, then had dinner at the local restaurants.

The short walk to the Esplanade was enjoyable and we made good use of the lengthy boardwalk that runs along the waterfront. We did not hesitate to get advice and assistance from Rosemary, Cynthia, and the staff. Once we began chatting, it was clear that they are all lovely people as well as experts in the region. Rosemary put in quite some time booking a tour for us and researching kayaking options. She made us feel comfortable asking all those questions new visitors have.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Heritage and agree with other reviewers that it exceeds the expectations of a 3.5-star hotel. And I made the choice to stay there based on all the glowing TripAdvisor reviews. Just one thing I wish I'd known in advance: there is a 2% surcharge for paying with a credit card.