$131
$256
$194
$154
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$167
$140
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
$152
$136
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$145
$139
$137
$128
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$124
$162
$145
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsquiet streettwo blockscontinental breakfastfree wifistayed here for nightsbed was comfortablehome away from homecentre of townshort stayair concairns esplanaderosemarytoursaustraliamotelkitchenettewalkable
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have spent three weeks in Australia and Heritage Cairns was by far the best hotel I've stayed, although, I admit, I usually booked budget hotels highly rated on Tripadvisor.

Heritage actually felt like a five star hotel, but at motel prices. Everything was clean, comfortable, and stylish. The room had a flat-screen TV, refrigerator and a tea kettle. I don't remember if there was a microwave too. The wifi price was reasonable. The 24 hour access can be spread over a number of days, since it counts only the hours you are online. Still, I would rather prefer that I did not have to enter codes to get access. Nowadays with multiple devices it gets annoying to have to log in every time you want to use your phone, iPad or laptop. Breakfast was available (extra charge), but I cannot comment on it since I didn't try it. There was also a coin washer and dryer.

The hotel is located a little bit away from the center of Cairns, but definitely within the walking distance. The neighborhood isn't the best: vacant lots, motels, etc., but is perfectly safe. Parking was free.

And, of course, as most of the other reviewers, I cannot speak highly enough about the manager Rosemary. She takes great care of the hotel and her guests. Unlike my previous experiences with booking activities through a hotel, she actually found one of the cheapest reef trips available for me and gave me good advice about visiting the Daintree national park.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank eugene_o
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

We appreciate your positive comments. The Heritage Cairns is a unique property offering great value for money. Under the present economic constraints and the down turn in tourism, most small hotels have great difficulty in operating viably. Whilst all other services and utilities increase, it is very difficult for hotels like Heritage Cairns to increase tariffs even though justifiable. In addition to the increase in costs, we are faced with extremely high labour rates primarily caused by a Government that is largely dominated by Unions not sympathetic to the survival of the tourism industry. Our survival depends on attracting high occupancy or ultimately, an increase in tariffs which we are reluctant to implement.. If we could increase rates, we would certainly look at free Wi Fi, but until the tourism industry rebounds it is a case for survival and satisfying our guests with the best possible facilities and in the case of Heritage, the exceptional hospitality of our fantasic manager and her staff. Sir Peter Barter

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in June. We booked a spa room which was clean, decent in size, comfortable and had it's own small balcony. The hotel was bigger than we expected, but still had a cosy feel. Having said that, we didn't spend much time in the hotel as there was so much to see in Cairns and the surrounding area!

The breakfast included in the price we paid is served in a converted room on the ground floor and is self serve continental style. The hotel is not directly on the Cairns Esplanade and does not have ocean views. However, it is a very short walk away from the Esplanade and all the restaurants.

The main reason I gave this place 5 stars is because of the service provided by the hotel manager, Rosemary. She was very efficient in responding to emails, giving honest tour/day trip advice and making bookings. She gave us early morning lifts to the pick up point for several of the day trips we booked. She also allowed a very early (6am) check in and a late check out to fit in with our flight times. All this for a very reasonable price!

I highly recommend Heritage as a solid base for travellers who are in Cairns to see all the attractions of this beautiful part of Australia.

2  Thank youngbutwise
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate all comments made which are taken seriously. We also recognise Rosemary as a secret weapon, she is one of the most hospitable managers we have ever known and proud of her work at the Cairns Heritage. - Sir Peter Barter

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Part of the Golden Chain group, this hotel is one of the best. Position is great - between the CBD and the Esplanade. The rooms are large and very clean and comfortable. And nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Excursions are booked swiftly and efficiently and even a car service is offered to take you to the train station to start your trip. Would definitely stay again.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Cairns. Close to the CBD and water, huge rooms, kitchenette, very clean, well-run and extremely good value breakfast ($8 each for all you can eat continental breakfast with lovely fresh in-season fruit - where else can you get a breakfast so cheap?). The rooms were quiet, bed comfortable and there was plenty of off-street parking. Overall, just a really easy place to stay.

1  Thank GreatSouthernLand5
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Does anyone remember a hotel stay well enough to write about it a year later? I do. A year ago today I left the Heritage Cairns and Rosemary and I still remember it like it was yesterday. Rosemary is not a typical hotel manager; she treats everyone she meets like family. She emailed back and forth with me several times during the month prior to my visit, as this was my first trip outside the US and I had tons of questions. She waited up for me and my teenage daughter to arrive after midnight, and was up to bid us farewell at 4 am when we left.

The hotel is a good value, with a large sitting room and kitchen area and a separate bedroom. The bed was comfortable, the whole place clean, and the area is nice. But nothing compares to the service that Rosemary provided. She called up to us the first morning to ask if we'd like a lift to the market to get some groceries, and gave us advise about shopping in the area, tours, and places we might want to drive to after we picked up our rental car. Having Rosemary to guide us helped my daughter and me to get the most out of our week in Northern Queensland, but more importantly she made us feel like family. I still miss "Aunt Rosemary".

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank cherryharley
explorerCairns, Manager at Tropical Heritage Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you Cherry, I cannot believe that it is a year since you were here with your Mum, time goes so quickly.
i hope your studies have gone well and that Mum is not working too hard with the animal rescue.
Please pass our best wishes on to her, hopefully we will catch up again , somewhere.
all the best