“Stay away from this place!!”

Cairns City Sheridan
Ranked #59 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I booked a room in this motel for 2 nights in July 2010. This has to be the most irresponsible and disorganised place in Cairns. I arrived in Cairns late in the evening only to be told by the receptionist that my room has drainage problems and that they were not able to contact me to let me know. They booked me in their sister motel called Rainbow Inn. It was a complete dive. I felt like I was walking into a prison with drunk indigenous people staring at me from the balcony. The room I was given was near their so called restaurant. The bed was filthy and full of stain marks. Air con was not in order. TV with only 4 channels (advertised to have Austar) with a missing remote control. I was woken up at 3am by someone continuously shouting outside saying that he will kill everyone. I checked out at 5am as I did not feel safe in that hellish motel. When I returned to City Sheridan, I was told that my room was still not ready. They had two days to have that room fixed but they didn't bother. When I refused to stay at the filthy Rainbow Inn, I was offered a room at Queens Court which was a decent place. I will not recommend either City Sheridan or Rainbow Inn to anyone. Stay at Queens Court instead. I hope everyone finds this review helpful and stay away from these dives.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank R1ddl3r

Reviewed July 11, 2010

Just returned home from a wonderful holiday here! Very clean. To Kelly, Eddie, Casey. We had a lot to do with you guys, you guys are great, awesome and excellent. We had the best time with you all. A totally awesome experience with two of you in particular. How friendly and helpful your were and always ready to have a laugh. thank you. To Chris and Elisha and Katrina you guys were a pleasure to talk to as well. Nothing was any trouble to any of you 6 people. To the housekeeping staff, you are all lovely as well. Thanks heaps. will be recommending friends and family to this marvellous motel. P.S. Not only were two of you awesome but fantastic and super as well. Anne Inslay

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnieAussieinRocky
Reviewed June 25, 2010

It was a joy to stay at this hotel - friendly, safe, clean and very reasonably priced. Our room overlooking the pool was clean, well presented and serviced promptly and very adequately each day. The off-street car parking was a bonus.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Stayed at the City Sheridan in Cairns for 5 nights, we are at the end of our month trip around Australia, and this motel was by far the best motel, and absolutly fantastic value for your money. The motel is clean, and modern, the Restaurant food is Brilliant, and the staff where fantastic organising all our tours for us. I would have no hesitation in reccomending this accommdation option. BRILLIANT!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights and it is a lovely hotel in a location that is not to far out of the centre of cairns (walking distance) so nice and relaxing.

The room was really nice overlooking the pool area for an increidble rate. The staff were amazing nothing to much trouble.

The bar was lovely and relaxing and the food is just amazing once again at brilliant prices. Having checked in for my first night I thought I would try the food and was pleased to say that I didn't have to look for any other restraunts during my stay.

Would have no problem in recommending this hotel to anyone and would deffinaltey stay here again when I go back to Australia.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed in the brand new Spa suite. Very nice indeed. Nice large triangular spa, not just a bath with jets. Great ammenities like 42" LCD TV in main room and smaller LCD with built in DVD player in bedroom. Breakfast has an excellent range and is very very good value. Not many places that do a cooked brekkie for under $10. Dining out by the pool at night is magnificent, its a great scene for a romantic dinner. The food here is so good we ate here all 4 nights of our stay, such good variety there was no point venturing out.
All of the staff are excellent at what they do and provided us with super service.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JOHNNY230480
Reviewed May 3, 2010

This is not the nicest hotel I have stayed it, but the staff are amazing making my stay totally worth it. They are so helpful and friendly unlike any hotel I've ever stayed with. The location is good, better to be away from the hustle of town but close enough to not need a car to get everywhere. Included Austar and free internet, unheard of even at hotels more than three times the price. It was clean and very well kept, and any request was fulfilled almost immediately. They are great with local knowledge and will help you book any trip you would like, much better than any of the travel agencies located in the CBD or on the Esplanade. I would stay at this hotel again if traveling by myself to Cairns.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo