Stayed at the City Sheridan for 1 night in July and this is what we found:
- Check-in was fast and efficient - they had our room ready even at 11.30am before the usual check-in time which was convenient.
- Room is large size but somewhat dark for during the day unless the lights were kept on. Room, although reasonably neat and clean, felt somewhat a little sad and in need of some upkeep.
- Bed is on wheels so kept moving if someone accidentally bumped it on the side which was quite annoying.
- When we checked in during the day they were doing some loud renovation work nearby with drilling and hammering so we went out for the rest of the day...
- Bathroom had this strange buzzing noise continually coming out of it as if someone was constantly shaving all day and night long!!! Noticed it in particular after a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night then was unable to sleep from 3am due to this weird ongoing buzzing noise...
- The toilet paper - !!! - was so thin you needed masses of it to use it!!! I think we had to use up a whole roll just for the two of us for 1 night!!!
- Room has free WIFI which worked well. Password was given together with room key so you don't have to ask for it.
- Staff were mediocre - had the impression they would answer standard questions but wouldn't go out of their way for anything further. We had booked an airport shuttle to go to the airport the next day and when the shuttle was 12 min late, we asked if there was a number the driver could be contacted on to see how far away they were in case we needed to just get a cab, but receptionist just shrugged and said they could be up to 15-20 min late, whereas when we booked they said shuttle could be 10-15min late... For an airport shuttle this is not good!!! There should at least be some communication to let people know where things are up to and to go to plan B if required!
- TV, fan and air conditioner don't work unless you turn them on at the bedside. I found the air conditioner to be quite noisy but luckily we didn't need to use it.
- Location - just a street crossing away from the Flying Monkey Cafe which has good coffees and relatively cheap simple breakfast meals. Also not too far from the shopping centre or esplanade. Also close to several car rental companies as well.
Overall the stay was pretty average and we mostly booked it as it was cheap and close to where we had to drop off the hire car before heading back out to the airport the next day... Wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Sheridan is located close to the city center of Cairns, regarded one of the most popular hotels in a region that is viewed to be a must visit destination in the world. Cairns is surrounded by lush rainforest, beautiful tropical waters and scenery that has to be seen to believe. Staying with us at the City Sheridan you will be located within a 10 minute walk to Cairns best city attractions including; Cairns central shopping center, large number of world renowned restaurants catering for all cuisines, plenty of lively bars and clubs, Cairns Civic Theater, Cairns Convention Center, Cruise Ship Terminal, Bus Terminal, Museum, Arts Gallery, Train Station, Reef Fleet Terminal and the Reef Casino. City Sheridan is also only a 5 minute drive from the airport. ROOMS Our rooms are large in size and cleaned daily. We offer free wireless internet throughout the hotel. All rooms have their own private bathroom and balcony that opens the rooms to the wide open tropical weather and scenery. For in room entertainment your room has a 32-inch TV with free in house movies. Other inclusions is a microwave, fridge with mini-bar, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, safe, tea and coffee making facilities, and a desk with chairs. Your balcony is furnished with a table and 2 chairs. FACILITIES City Sheridan facilities include a tropical outdoor swimming pool with cascading waterfall, tour booking desk, guest laundry, and onsite car parking. City Sheridan also has the Sheridan Lounge Bar, a great place you can meet other travelers and share your stories while enjoying a beverage. The Sheridan Lounge Bar also has a computer terminal with free printing facilities. SHERIDAN RESTAURANT Sheridan Restaurant serves continental breakfast buffet daily from 7:00 am through to 10:00 am. Enjoy your morning breakfast poolside in the company of tropical palm trees and a cascading waterfall. SHERIDAN LOUNGE BAR: After a day out enjoying all the fantastic adventures that the Tropical North Queensland has to offer, relax pool side with a drink chosen from our large selection of beers, wines and spirits. TOUR DESK: City Sheridan tour booking agents are always available to help you through the large variety of adventure options. Great Barrier Reef, Cape Tribulation, and the Daintree are just a couple of the more popular attractions, and for the thrill seekers; skydiving, bungee jumping, hot air-ballooning, or white water rafting might be more your style, with over 200 adventures on offer, there is definitely something for everyone. CHECKING IN: Reception is open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm daily. If you are arriving after 9:00 pm, the phone that is located on the front reception doors will direct call an after-hours service. If you are arriving after 9:00 pm, please let us know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Cairns City Sheridan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western City Sheridan Hotel Cairns
- Comfort Inn Cairns
- Cairns Comfort Inn