“Reasonable value for money”
Review of Mantra Trilogy

Mantra Trilogy
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've stayed here twice now, in 2011 and again last week. The building is ageing quickly and the cheapness of all the fittings/furniture is shining through. The halls smelled strongly of bleach, and the gym had barely any equipment, and what they did have wasn't maintained and or labelled "out-of-order". The pool was shaded and too cold, you're better off hitting the lagoon.

On the plus side, the location was fantastic and the customer service suburb. The friendly yet professional lady at reception always greeted me with a genuine smile. Given I booked at late notice and still got a cheap price the hotel overall is average. It's a good base to leave your stuff and go out and do other things.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Rupert H, Front Office Manager at Mantra Trilogy, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Dear seanorr,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

Its great to hear that you found our customer service exceptional. The Gym equipment is leased from a third party who maintain their equipment on a regular basis.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in further detail. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the resort.

We hope to welcome you back to Mantra Trilogy again soon.

Rupert & Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,955)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Mantra Trilogy is is a really good spot, not too noisy on the weekend but conveniently positioned for the marina and the lagoon.
A huge downside for our family was the damp smell of the room. We kept the windows and balcony doors open for the five days we were there and each time we stepped back in the smell was so strong. Also the room was for a family of four but there was only a two seater sofa and one arm chair. Good job we didn't plan to relax as a family in the apartment at night time.
The gym is basic and the pool was really chilly but we still used them.
Probably wouldn't stay there again due to the smell.
As I say if it were rated three stars I probably would have expected these things

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view or partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear SAW118,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed while on business for 5 nights. Lucky enough to have tower one, fifth floor, ocean view, one bedroom apartment. The kitchen was well appointed, the bathroom had a great corner shower bath. The bed was very comfortable allowing me to have a great sleep-in this morning. The ocean view from the fifth floor was spectacular. The choice of eating places close-by was outstanding and with IGA and Woollies close by, all me catering needs were taken care of. If you need centrally located accommodation, then the Mantra Trilogy tower one is the place for you to stay. Just a couple of minor things wrong in the room but a restful stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear rmcooke,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed stay with us.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a great stay overall except for the shower that had no pressure but that is so thing the hotel can invest to fix (601B). We stayed 5 nights for a family function and we're given a spacious room and the hotel is centrally located. You can't complain about the security of the hotel as you needed a to swipe your card 3 times before you get to your room so if your Staying with others in the hotel it can get a bit annoying to swipe each other up to rooms but apart from that the staff we're wonderful and we had a great stay. But please fix that shower head

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Shellmiaa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed holiday with us.

Our maintenance manager has investigated the shower head you reported and has since been replaced. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I normally don't post reviews when I have an average stay at a hotel. As they say "bad experience tell 10 people, good experience tell 1."
I'll have to make the exception here because I had a great stay at The Mantra Trilogy. The rooms were very spacious and clean, the shower was great (always important for me) and the pool was beautiful.
I had never been to Cairns before this trip so I was a bit lost when it came to getting around but the staff were very helpful in guiding me when I needed help.
I even had Rupert give me a good bar grill to go to on the Esplanade. I told him "mate it's a bit tough for me to eat with Mrs because she's vegan." He gave me the name of the chef to say Rupert sent me then when I name dropped at the restaurant the chef came out and gave my Mrs some really nice options.

Thanks to the manager Rupert for taking the time, it means a lot when you have a tough time finding good food!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear James2810711,

I'm happy to hear that the restaurant we spoke about lived up to its reputation. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your wife back to Mantra Trilogy again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Right on the esplanade, couldn't ask to be any closer to anything.

Awesome views, totally relaxing stay in Cairns. Had efficient staff. Couldn't fault the service.

Had a great stay, and I'll definitely stay here net time i go to cairns.

Room Tip: Get a single beachview room - Awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear TeddyTawee,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked this hotel for a family reunion. The penthouse apartment we had was superb, with amazing views a massive outdoor seating area and a very very high standard of decoration and accommodation. I did have to keep the room key separate from my other cards and phones as otherwise it deactivated but the reception staff were very quick to remedy the problem for me.

In fact I found all the hotel staff very efficient, helpful and pleasant. The hotel is ideally located for easy access to everything Cairns has to offer.

I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HJMUk

Dear HJMUk,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us here at Mantra Trilogy.

We trust that you made it back to the UK hassle free. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your family reunion and that we were able to accommodate your entire family.

Rupert & Team.