There are some huge pros and cons of our stay at this hotel . The photos don't lie , it is amazing to look at and the pool is beautiful . But there is more to it than that ...
- Excellent location - close to everything . The only time we drove anywhere was when we went to Port Douglas.
- Friendly staff - always saying hi when we walked through the lobby
- Huge rooms . We got an apartment which had 2 bedrooms (separated by lockable doors) , 2 bathrooms , laundry , dining , kitchen , multiple balconies , lounge .
- Amazing views . We could see the ocean as well as mountains & some gardens .
- A horrible damp/mouldy smell on entering our rooms , especially after being closed up for a day
- Could see marks on the walls and cupboards from where "cleaning" had not been done well
- Bats ! Not inside but so loud they might as well be . They are directly outside & drove me batty
- Loud noises coming from above our room . Not sure of what was making these noises .
- We had water leaking from our roof in one of the rooms & when we told staff we were told "that should be expected after the weather we have had" . Could not disagree more & nothing was done except them wiping it away .
- At times , dodgy lifts . They seemed to have a mind of their own .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Trilogy is ideally located above the Cairns Esplanade within walking distance to some of Cairns best restaurants, the Reef Casino, Cairns Central Shopping Mall and the newly developed Cairns Lagoon. Offering open plan designed hotel rooms to spacious self-contained one, two and three-bedroom apartments all have cable TV, private balconies with views over the pool, surrounding mountains or ocean. Apartments offer the added convenience of fully-equipped kitchens and laundry facilities. Onsite guests can spend a lazy afternoon on the pool deck overlooking the ocean, cook up a barbeque on the resort lawns or enjoy an invigorating workout in the gymnasium. From the property you can stroll the length of the Esplanade, to include al fresco dining, parklands, BBQ areas and the Cairns Lagoon. Overlooking Trinity Bay and the parkland of Cairns Esplanade, Mantra Trilogy's premier location provides the perfect base to explore the markets, shopping, night life and restaurants of Cairns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Trilogy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Trilogy Hotel Cairns