“Very filling meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very filling meal”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had our food cooked for us at the table, had heaps left for another two people..staff very polite and friendly..

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Still great for lunch”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Full disclosure- I have only ever visited Riki (previously Koh Ya) for lunch, but I LOVE it.
It is 100 % authentic Japanese. We're so lucky in Cairns to have access to great (and cheap!) Asian food, and Riki is up there with the best of them.
I was disappointed to find that the restaurant had changed hands, however after re-visiting I can happily confirm that the lunch meals are still delicious and cheap! Most under $12!!!
They have great staples like katsu don, Japanese curry and noodle dishes.
One draw back has been the waiting time for food, if you don't stay on top of things (i.e. order quickly) it can take a little too long. Try it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank SandwichFiend
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Izakaya in Oz”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This place was a home away from home whilst in cairns for business. I ate here every 2 days and made great friends with all staff... Their food is fantastic and innovative. The yakiniku also was excellent. Shuji the manager chef is an absolute blast...I love this place.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Datalec
Cairns
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Night”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We hadn't been back to this restaurant since it changed hands and had a complete refit and reading the previous reviews almost didn't return but Im glad we did. The food was great quality and fresh, The wait staff were really on to it, quick and friendly. Yes the BBQ now is a small gas mate setup but it worked nicely. We were a little disappointed that they didn't offer the "all you can eat for 90 mins" option but we had more then enough food plus desert, plus a few beers each for 3 people and the bill only just came to $100. I think that was a reasonable price for the quality and quantity of food we had. I highly recommend Riki to everyone. We are will be back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AloneiStand
“Very good noodle soup ”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Staff is very friendly , price are ok and food is really good, the service was bit slow but efficient enough , I don't aspect a silver service for those prices ! Overall me and my family enjoyed this experience :) good job

1 Thank AussieCairns1985