“Excellent if you are missing Chipotle”
Review of Mex Level - CLOSED

Mex Level
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I really miss the Chipotle grill in the USA and found this great place. Absolutely fresh, great variety, and made with love. Highly recommend. THe beef burrito had really top quality meet. There is not too much salt in these dishes, which is good for me, but you make like to add a bit if you are used to more. Great pico de gallo, very fresh. Whole place was very clean and modern decor.

1  Thank Georgia B

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Deeeeeeelish! Oh how I miss the tasty tacos! And nachos, my fav! This will be my first stop when I get back to cairns!! Locally owned, fresh, tasty and fast. Love it!

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

First time here and the food was tasty.
The menu was great and I can't complain about the service at all.
If you love Mexican food I cannot recommend it enough.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

On a recent trip to cairns I decided to visit mex level based on reviews and coming from a mexican background I was looking forward to fresh mexican as opposed to the usual deep fried food. We arrived at 1100am half an hour after opening no staff member was present as I looked at the menu with my kids. As I waited a staff member did walk out of the kitchen but only to set a tray of food out. As kids sat down I waited patiently to order. Another staff member walked out with another tray but did not acknowledge me in any way. As I continued to wait two women arrived stood in the door way of the kitchen and started having a conversation with the staff. I could see one staff member chopping tomatoes and tried to make eye contact. Finally I gave up and simply walked out. Im normally not impatient especially if I can see its busy and staff are run off thier feet, however in this case there were no other customers and no one even greeted us or explained why I was left waiting. A simple hello ill be with you shortly would have sufficed. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Service was a mix bag, one guy who served my mates was cool and friendly. The other bloke who served me, was quite the opposite. I was asked in a rather annoyed/impatient tone if I was ordering (the place was empty). Rushed me with my choices and had a very stern look on his face the entire time. Had a bad day perhaps?

However the food itself was pretty good, quite tasty, though the price is a bit steep for what you get in terms of portion size and there are a lot of extras. I'd say some of which should be included with the order, so you'll end up paying an extra dollar or two if you don't want just a bare bones mexican feed.

On the plus side they do have free jalapeños that you just pick up and add yourself if you like the hot stuff.

I'll give them another go, but a little underwhelmed so far.