“Good way to experience the Great Barrier Reef so near.”
Review of Green Island

Great Barrier Reef Scenic Flight and Green Island Day Trip from Cairns
Ranked #17 of 124 things to do in Cairns
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I chaperoned 56 high school students from Japan. Unfortunately the see was rather rough from Cairns to Green Island and many of us were seasick for the rest of the day. Glass-bottom boats were a good way to see some coral beds but it was not very clear. They could definitely serve better lunch than they do now. They should learn the quality and quantity of the food from Forestation at Kuranda. Unless otherwise, students thoroughly enjoyed the beach. One of 17 year old girl booked for the SCUBA experience and she needed someone who were an adult to accompany her because she was under 18 and I was the one because I was her chaperon. She was freaked out and couldn't go into the real seawater at all. Despite their policy, they refunded the full amount back to us with even an encouragement to try next time!! I thank a Korean instructor, Ms.Yui very much. I will definitely SCUBA dive next time with Yui.

1  Thank Horin5379kak7520
There are newer reviews for Green Island

Reviewed December 20, 2013

It was my birthday and we took the trip to the Green Island. The weather was nice and very sunny. We did some snorkelling, the glass-boat tour. We enjoyed swimming around the corals, saw so many tropical fish and sea turtles. We had lunch at one of the cafes on the island. It was really enjoyable day. We really recommend this tour especially if you have children because it has many facilities like pool, beach, showers, bathrooms, restaurants.

2  Thank ocean_breeze65
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Big Cat Tour. We did not snorkle but we went on the glassbottom boat. The view of the reef was good. The submersable was much better even though it cost extra

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Myself and hubbie took the half day trip from Cairns and we really loved it! I wished we had chosen the full day because with the half day you only get a couple of hours there before it's time to come back (we weren't sure what to expect so we went for half a day). The island has a resort with all the facilities and shops, so we could have stayed longer. I spent all time snorkelling and it was amazing, I didn't want to get out the water! Overall it was great and next time we're up north we'll go there for the full day!

2  Thank lhen13
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very nice place but not a lot to do other than .staying on beach and swimming ,the beach is small .Make sure you go on the glass bottom boat, but you may feel sick as you are looking down and the boat does rock a bit .I would just go for a half day trip if you stay on the Island only .