“Great cofffee in Cairns Italian-style”
Review of Cruze Coffee

Cruze Coffee
Ranked #1 of 51 Coffee & Tea in Cairns
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our friends from Cairns took us to this little gem of a coffee shop hidden in a mall in downtown Cairns close to Rusty's Markets. Now we had some great coffee in Australia, especially in North Queensland which is close to the Atherton tableland where a lot of coffee is grown, but this coffee was exceptional. There are a large number of bags of different types of beans displayed. The staff asks you to decscribe what you've looking for in a coffee and then suggests the beans that can deliver the coffee experience you want. The beans are ground fresh - ah, the aroma - and you get a great cup of coffee, We met Gil, one of the owners - a charming and effusive native Italian who's made Cairns his home. There are a few tables but we, and most the customers there, got their morning jolt of java to go. The shop opens early and closes after lunch. It's worth seeking out while you're in Cairns.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This little tucked away cafe provides an amazing range of coffees, prepared to your liking. Whether it be a particular blend, hot or cold, it always comes out with a smile. The owner and staff are always up for a laugh with the guests making a trip to Cruze an essential part of my working day.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Someone named Leanne N wrote a negative review for Cruze Coffee. Let me just say this: you're entitled to your opinions, Leanne, but your opinions are wrong.

I quote: "Firstly those different blends are available from many cafes and coffee suppliers! so really nothing new!"

Wrong. I challenge you to find a Cairns cafe with a larger range of international coffees than Cruze.

"the blond girl gave me a great service! but the guy which I believe the owner was a bit too much!I think he needs to watch what he says to ladies as he made feel very uncomfortable!!"

Ridiculous. Gil's light-hearted banter with female customers is cheerful and friendly, not sleazy.

"and secondly, the coffee beans are all displayed out in the open air which tells me how little he knows about coffee!! as coffee beans meant to be kept in tight air containers with a cool temperature to keep it fresh and rich of flavor!"

Gil's coffee beans are constantly being used, so their fast turnover means they don't have time to go stale.

"Anyway !! big Hype for nothing special!!:"

Really? Then why does Cruze has a huge, loyal customer base? Why does Cruze have so many good reviews on this site? Leanne N, take your joyless, uptight attitude to one of the big chains.

4  Thank AllanCairns
Reviewed June 10, 2013

It's good to find a business which still values good service standards.
The coffee is good, with a wide choice of beans.
Your coffee is brought out to you with a smile and a thankyou.
Open 6 days a week, just near the macaroon shop.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I went for my coffee there, after everyone raving about it I have to go an see myself!
and I have to say! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! like the whole thing is just a gimmick guys!!! the blond girl gave me a great service! but the guy which I believe the owner was a bit too much!I think he needs to watch what he says to ladies as he made feel very uncomfortable!!
Firstly those different blends are available from many cafes and coffee suppliers! so really nothing new! and secondly, the coffee beans are all displayed out in the open air which tells me how little he knows about coffee!! as coffee beans meant to be kept in tight air containers with a cool temperature to keep it fresh and rich of flavor!
Anyway !! big Hype for nothing special!!