“Great Lunch, Weaving & Painting Experience!”
Review of The Cultural Place - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cultural Place
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I sent an email on Sunday night regarding a possible Monday class in painting or weaving, by 9:05am I received a friendly call inviting me to do a class at 1pm. Upon my early arrival, I was greeted by three friendly people and went next door to their gorgeous wee restaurant and bar. The food was FANTASTIC as was the service and price!
Upon returning to the gallery, I was tutored by Niki, a gorgeous guy who originated from the Torres Strait and was taught to weave by his grandmother he said. He was infinitely patient with me and my not-so-nimble fingers, waiting until I had mastered the making of fish and wands from coconut leaves. Next I was taken further back into the artist's studio where another lovely gentleman taught me a few of the fundamentals of some types of Aboriginal painting, he also entertained me with numerous 'yarns' or stories of his life and travels as well as his culture. I had the most amazing afternoon doing great art with wonderful people! Try this place out, it rocks!!!

2  Thank Sallyjanehill

Reviewed March 18, 2013

love the vibe at cultural place, cool shop, really relaxed restaurant which is great to just hang out with a coffee but the food is awesome too and great value. They also put on traditional dance and dinner shows out the back. Love supporting a really unique place with such friendly staff!

1  Thank Afullerlife