“Will NEVER order from this restaurant EVER AGAIN!!”
Review of Pearl Garden

Pearl Garden
Ranked #127 of 633 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I ordered a takeaway from Pearl Gardens just the other night. I NEVER write reviews but thought I needed to this time as the food I received was appalling to say the least! I ordered fried rice, salt and pepper squid, spring rolls and schezuan chicken. All of it, and I will say again, ALL of it was not edible. When I got home I started to dish the meals out to my family and straight away I noticed it didn't look fresh at all. After taking a bite of a spring roll I found it still cold inside, the fried rice was just heated through, not fresh at all, then came the squid...omg never tasted anything so vile in my life..it was just disgusting! I didn't even want to taste test the chicken but my son did and spat it out straight away! I rang them and told them exactly what I have just said on here and the person that took the call said the Manager was far too busy to come to the phone. I drove back to the restaurant with the food and demanded a refund. The Manager came out and asked what was wrong, I told him - he didn't say much, just that he didn't know what had happened but gave me a refund without much of a hassle...will never order from here ever again....words can't even describe how disappointed I am! Just happy that I got a refund otherwise my dog would have been very happy that night with the extra's she could have gotten for dinner!

1  Thank Crystalushious

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This place has been in the same place for about 20 years and the wife and I were in cairns recently and made a stop for a dinner here.
It's a relatively small and unassuming sort of a place on the southern outskirts of town.
All the staff were really down to earth normal people and set the tone for a good night.
We had an entree of the homemade chicken spring rolls which were pretty good. Next came the mains of honey sesame chicken and the sizzling BBQ pork. The mains were two of the best aussie Chinese meals I've ever eaten. The combination fried rice went down a treat as well. To top the night off we had a deep fried ice cream to share and it was lovely served warm.
Will definitely be back next time in cairns!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I'm very glad that we decided to try out Pearl Garden and I was not disappointed. My partner and I went on Valentines Day and it was absolutely perfect. Considering how busy they were (not a spare seat in the house) the timing of entree's and mains were spot on. The staff were absolutely lovely and their service was professional and so friendly. The food was scrumptious and the drinks were brought out quickly and the wait staff kept checking whether or not we needed refills. I cannot fault this place. The only suggestion I can make is a bit of a revamp would go a long way. It's quite outdated inside and wouldn't take much to make it look more appealing. Cannot wait to go back for our next night out.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our group recently dined at Pearl Gardens and we decided to try the banquet, in fact we chose 2 different banquets to share on the table. The food was served at a good pace, not too long between platters being put on the table and not too rushed. The variety of the tastes was terrific and the serving sizes were just right. There is a good selection of wines and beers plus other beverages and the prices of the food and the drinks was very reasonable. The service was very good and the lady looking after our table explained all the dishes and made sure the table never got too cluttered with empty dishes etc. We all had a great evening and would recommend the Pearl Gardens. Well done.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

One of my favorite restaurant in cairs...I love the sizzling yummy !!!

The service is awesome...I know Rod he's very friendly guy.

Greetings from Bali

I hope I coming back as soon as possible.