“Friendly place - good vibe - good food”

Ozmosis Cafe Kitchen
Ranked #75 of 607 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Mississauga
“Friendly place - good vibe - good food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I live in Edgehill 3 months of the year and used to go to Cafe 88 but since it changed hands not so pleased and they were always pricey.
This is a refreshing, open longer and serious about their coffee.
Poached eggs on ciabatta was as requested and reasonable price for Australia.

Very close to the wonderful Botanical Gardens a short walk down the street. The gardens can be iffy on food quality so this might be a decent alternative. Free fast wifi is a bonus and they know what they are doing with coffee and I'm fussy.
I'd give it five stars on first impressions but want to wait. We will try their Friday night tapas next week, Busy and bouncy and lots of space on a rainy Tuesday.
6.30 am to 4 pm weekdays
closed Monday
Sunday 7 am - 3 pm -

Wonderful addition.

• Visited April 2013

Cairns, Australia
“New favourite breakfast spot”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Have had breakfast at Ozmosis twice in the past month. On the first visit I ordered the toasted granola with poached pear, rhubarb and yoghurt. It was a generous serving (only $9) of delicious crunchy muesli with perfectly poached pear and rhubarb as well as slices of fresh strawberry, a dollop of yoghurt and it was served with milk on the side. My friend said their breakfast of bacon and eggs on toast was just what they wanted and cooked well. The second time around I got the potato rosti with bacon, avocado, cherry tomatoes and feta and i added two poached eggs ($17.50). This was the best value for money breakfast with three huge rosti, and a generous amount of all the other ingredients which meant i could have a bit of everything on each bite and I didn't have to eat again until dinner. My friend got the omelette filled with pumpkin, red onion, feta and rocket served with flatbread ($13), which he inhaled and said had a good amount of filling compared to egg. The service both times was really friendly and efficient and there is such a nice atmosphere (which i was actually suprised by). I have also got takeaway coffee a few times, which is made well - strong and hot, and can't resist the baked goods in the cabinet, which have all been delicious and fresh. Ozmosis is by far my number one choice of places to go for breakfast and I'm looking forward to going there for lunch and dinner.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sal_Cat_Cairns
Cairns, Australia
“Good coffee, lovely menu”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This little cafe is a great addition to the Edge Hill village! I have been several times since it opened and love the coffee plus my favourite breakfast dish of the fresh tomatoes, avocado and quark on sourdough. It is so refreshing to see an interesting breakfast menu - I have never understood why so many places have such boring ones! The little European biscuits and floral table numbers are a loely touch too. The only criticism I have is that service becomes very slow during busy times.

• Visited February 2013
Cairns, Australia
“Fresh, Healthy and delicious”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Edgehill is a very charming little suburb of Cairns and a fantastic spot for your sunday breakfast or lunch. The Cafe seems new, the staff is very friendly. It has an open kitchen so you can watch the chefs preparing your food. Everything is homemade and so fresh. The selection is very different to the usual food you can order in Cairns. I have been here only twice but I was both times more than satisfied with my food and the service. I also love that you get a vase with flowers as your table number and the fresh juices are served in little milk bottles. Will be back to try more of the menu!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank lovelife1981
Cairns, Australia
“Good food, coffee, average service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We've been meaning to come here for a while but it always looks so busy with no spare tables so we haven't bothered.
We eventually went for lunch and got a table inside, there were still some spare tables outside, 2 staff on the counter and 1 cook in the kitchen. Got our order in straight away - the menu looked great with good options (not the standard menu you seem to get all over Cairns). After taking our seat we just waited - no water was offered though other tables had it. It took at least 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive (coffee and juice) but 40 minutes for the food - not great when you've got to get back to work on a weekday.
The coffee was excellent though, fresh juice was nice and the food (burger and pesto) were great. Just let down by slow service (it wasn't that busy) - would like to see how long it takes for breakfast on a weekend?