“Nice food, beautiful location.”
Review of Wild Bean Cafe

Wild Bean Cafe
Ranked #152 of 597 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Queensland, Australia
“Nice food, beautiful location.”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

What a beautiful location, in such an amazing building built of mirrors.
We also found the Information Centre very interesting.
The service was good, friendly & helpful staff. It was a busy day with only a couple of spare tables, which had not been cleared & we did have to wait a while for our food. This was not a problem as it's so pretty & peaceful.
We both had the salt & pepper squid, which was melt in the mouth tender & juicy. The chips & salad were both nice & fresh. Other servings I saw all looked ample.
Will definitely return for a breakfast & healthy juice.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank RozfromOz

Queensland
“Lunching in the gardens”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Wild Bean Café is in Collins St, Edge Hill located next to the Visitor Centre of the Cairns Botanic Gardens.

The day my husband and I went to the café was perfect Cairns winter weather, clear blue skies and just the right temperature. Seating is mostly outside so we were able to enjoy the beautiful day with a backdrop of lush rainforest across the way. Not sure how outdoor dining would be in summer time.

The staff was very friendly and the food was served quickly. Very little waiting time at all.

The lunch menu ranged in price from approx. $14 to $20. The menu read very well with a variety of dishes. My husband had the Beef Burger, for $17:90, which came with salad and fries, while I had the grilled Barramundi with salad and fries ($18.90). I can’t really say that either dish was anything out of the ordinary. In fact, eating here only reinforced my opinion that eating out in Australia can be quite expensive.

Lavazza coffee is served. The coffee was well made and tasted fine, even though I am not a big fan of Lavazza coffee. My biggest peeve is that when you ask for a large coffee you really only get a normal sized cup of coffee. I think it has something to do with serving Lavazza as the china wear has their brand; the company must dictate cup size.

Probably won’t visit again due to value for money.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JAC4880
Cessnock, Australia
“Great coffee”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stopped by on a public holiday. It was busy, but not frenetic. I was in no rush, but the service was quite slow. In saying that, the coffee was worth the wait and the Thai Beef Salad was to die for! Not over priced, pleasant surrounds, give it a go!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tlb1974
australia
“Great place, well done Wild Bean.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have been planning to go to this lovely little cafe ever since it opened about 2 years ago. We finally got there when our family came up for a visit in March. We will certainly make sure we get there much more often, from now on.
First my one negative, only one blackboard to view. A blackboard in a couple of different spots would be helpful for those of us who do not have great memories, I ended up taking a photo, so we could peruse the menu at leisure. The food was very tasty, although the mains on the back of the menu are not available, in place is the blackboard menu, so not a problem. The tastes are great, with good portions at reasonable prices. The fruit drinks are delicious. The owners/ staff are wonderful. The atmosphere is great, being next to the gardens and beautiful tropical walks. The building is worth a wander around to have a good look at.
It is a pitty that the council has not put better shelter over the seating area. Thankfully the day we were there it didn't happen to rain, and no harsh sunshine, so we were able to get full benefit of the relaxed outdoor eating area.
We are looking forward to stopping in for an evening meal, after our walk, when they start opening for dinner.

• Visited March 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“YUMMM”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have now been a few times and loved the food! The service was great and was given a bottle of cold water with glasses at the table. I was served with a smile too! Lovely location to walk off your yummy lunch. They have B.Y.O. at the moment and soon to have full license I was told. Just Lovely!!

• Visited February 2014