“Service very slow” 3 of 5 bubbles

Wild Bean Cafe
Ranked #156 of 592 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cairns
“Service very slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went there for lunch last Friday. Placed our order for coffee and food within a couple of minutes of arriving. Coffee arrived soon after. Unfortunately so did the Cairns City Councillors who had obviously pre-ordered their lunch. After about 40 minutes and asking when our food would be ready, we were told "5 minutes or do you want your money back?" We said we just wanted our lunch. Fortunately we were did not have a time limit. The food when it eventually arrived was quite nice. I suggest that if this situation arises again, perhaps the patron should be warned that there may be a delay on the food and if the delay becomes excessive, an offer of another drink whilst waiting for the meal wouldn't go astray.

• Visited January 2013

Cairns, Australia
“Relaxing reflection time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Have visited here a couple of times, and with allergy conscious family members, each were pleasant experiences. The gluten-free cakes are moist and tasty, the fresh juice combinations very refreshing, and a superb chocolate brownie also.

Cairns, Australia
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Okay coffee, menu is too large for the staff/space to keep up with, food is meh. I don't understand why they have to coat the edge of my plate with balsamic reduction when I was having poached eggs and mushroom! Every time I put my knife and fork on the side of my plate I got sticky balsamic on them. Not what I wanted for breakfast. Staff are friendly-ish but it's not worth the trip to eat there specifically.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank CairnsFoodie101
cairns
“always welcomed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have been a couple of times, and haven't been disappointed yet! i've even gone with my kids, and felt that the staff were welcoming and understanding (some cafe's/restaurants frown at you for bringing your kids!) the nice lady even offered us some colouring-in books and pencils!

I can always rely on a nice coffee, and the food is awesome! they even have all day brekky... i went there recently, and I noticed they have a new menu. it looks fantastic! i had the "wild bean bruschetta" which had organic babaghanoush, tomato, fetta, and rocket. it was so good.

Another thing that caught my eye was that they use free range chicken, local fruit and veg, and happy eggs! which makes me feel better going there supporting the locals. i will be going again to try the rest of the new menu for sure!

• Visited December 2012
Sydney
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had 2 horrible cappuccinos and a bone dry chocolate brownie here. Service with a grimace. Steer clear. Shame, it looked like it had great potential in a very pretty location.

1 Thank Tj348