“great location ordinary food overpriced”
Review of Marina Paradiso

Marina Paradiso
Ranked #126 of 597 Restaurants in Cairns
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Beautiful waterfront restaurant offering Modern Italian Cuisine. Stunning location, catering for lunch and dinner 7 days per week. Full cocktail bar and specialised in functions.
Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great location ordinary food overpriced”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This sits in a nice location on the wharf, and likely couldn't survive elsewhere in town if it had to make it on the basis of the quality of its food and service. A very ordinary plate of spaghetti was $25. Service was slow and not attentive.
We intended to have desert, but those started at $12 so we cut our losses and left.
I will be more wary of tourist region restaurants in great locations in the future.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank twpMinnesota

Brisbane, Australia
“Good Italian food in a great location.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Great spot right on the water with wonderful sea breezes and views onto Trinity inlet. Food is good but not memorable. Service is helpful and pleasant. A great location.

Cairns, Australia
“On the Inlet on a beautiful evening in Cairns”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This restaurant has recently replaced another It is in a good location in Cairns .
I went there for my birthday and was very disappointed.
The waiter was more interested in trying to get passing folk into the restaurant ,than serving us .I discovered later that he has limited English and that was the reason behind his hasty service .He had not reserved the table we wanted and he did not greet us .
The food was over priced and very disappointing .
When we went up to the front desk to pay, the owner asked if we had enjoyed our meal .Rather than say that we were not satisfied I gently said I was sorry that the pasta was not homemade .The owner was very annoyed and said that she was over worked etc etc .This did not make for a happy birthday meal .

1 Thank pamelaedgehill
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“Better Places to Spend Your Money”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My partner and I dined here last night for our anniversary and we left very disappointed with the meal and the service. We were seated by a gentleman and that was all it basically was, no greeting just showed us to our seats, put the menu in front of us and walked off. He returned after about 5 minutes to ask if we were ready to order, no mention of any specials?, and I asked for a few more minutes to order. When he returned we order the 'garlic bread pizza' (sorry no idea what it actually said on the menu), for me the main of penne with proscuitto and pistachio and for my partner a salami pizza including our drinks. A coke arrived at the table, garnished with lemon and two straws. I don't want to pick on the little things however my partner wanted to note that he doesn't like his coke garnished with lemon and two straws were not needed. After about 30 minutes our appetiser of garlic bread finally arrived and it was lovely but not worth the 30 minute wait. About 2 minutes after finishing our mains came out. I'll start with my pasta. What a lacklustre dish. I was so excited to try this meal as I have a serious love for proscuitto. I had to season the pasta with salt and after 5 pinches I stopped counting, I am not a salt lover but it was so flavourless. Where was my proscuitto? It seems they used about 1 very tiny piece, so disappointed. The sauce was not covering the entire meal and was sort of slopped more to one side of the plate. The penne tasted like home brand and was very undercooked. I am aware the Italians like it like that, after having travelled to Italy twice last year, and normally this isn't an issue but because the pasta tasted so cheap it just ruined the whole dish. My partners pizza, well I don't have too much to say about it really. Yeah it was wood fired but it really was just average. Nothing to write home about and if he didn't finish then there is something seriously wrong. We decided to skip the desert menu, not that we were even offered it actually. After they took our plates from us we were left at the table without a comment about desert or the bill for about 20 minutes until we just decided to go up and pay it so that we could leave. The waiter was so odd at the end when we paid and we can't really quite explain what it was, the way he took the bank card and handed the receipt back and didn't really say so much as to have a good night, he was just snobby really. We walked along the boardwalk and on our way back past the restaurant to the car three of the stuff were literally standing at the front door to the restaurant puffing on cigarettes. Won't be returning here again and I can definitely tell you that this is not authentic Italian.

Melbourne, Australia
“Bellissimo”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

What a superb place to sit and enjoy fine Sicilian food. Views across the Inlet. Gentle breeze. The fine, authentic hand of Alessandro on the floor, the genuine Italian mine host. He had no idea who we were on our first visit, yet met us with a warm handshake and greeting and made us feel special. Now he does it because he knows we're back for more and today was yet another superb line up of food. Whether the anti pasto, or the prawns on a bed of diced zucchini and tomato; or the mains of veal scallopini and lamb cutlets. Finished off leisurely with warm chocolate trifle cake/vanilla gelati and a cheese plate for one with a divine glass of Italian red. Superb renditions of modern Italian. And a clever wine list for this relative newcomer to Cairns. A table of cultured young Italians was spotted savouring the food, with negronis followed by a bottle of bubbles. They always say dine where those who know dine. The chef has earned his stripes on the continent and in southern climes before relocating to Cairns to the joy of locals and the discovery of visitors. Bellissimo.