“So easy ...”

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“So easy ...”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Booked in advance via the internet and got great assistance from Kyoko setting up my trip. The plan was to take the 2 day/1 night tour to Cape Trib, stay at the Cape Trib Beach House, go kayaking in the afternoon of our arrival at Cape Trib and then go with Ocean Safari's morning tour the following day to be in time to catch the return bus to Cairns. She confirmed my plan was achievable, booked me in at the Cape Trib Beach House and gave me a couple of good tips to help it all happen. Nice work Kyoko !! Thank you. (I should add I managed the bookings for the kayaking and reef trip myself and these were not included in the price of the Cape Trib Tour. Just to be clear.)

George was our driver up to Cape Trib (the pick up was bang on time) and what a mine of information he is – yes, he sure can talk ! There were 2 stops on the way up; the boat trip on the Daintree was interesting and we managed to see a couple of crocs on the river banks and a short walk in the rainforest along the boardwalk which was well done too. George dropped us off at Cape Trib on time with plenty of time to look around and have lunch (not included in the price of the overnight tour but is on the day tour) before the kayaking tour at 3.30pm.

The following day after the boat trip to the reef, it was Wylie who picked me up for the return trip to Cairns. Another interesting character (where do Cape Trib Connections find these people ?) with lots of local tid bits to pass on. The return journey included a quick stop for an ice cream ($6.50) and a visit to Mossman George on the way back to Cairns where we arrived on time.

A most enjoyable trip made easy by Kyoko, George and Wylie. Thanks guys.

Visited March 2014

Cairns, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Absolutely Lovely”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had an amazing time on this trip. Our tour guide, Peter, was absolutely amazing! He super friendly, and funny. Had a good time with him. The drive up too Cape Trib is stunningly beautiful. I stayed up there for a week and LOVED it, and came back down too Cairns on this trip. Very reasonably priced. Definitely recommend this tour if you are wanting too go too Cape Tribulation just for the day!

Visited February 2014
Big Pine Key, Florida
151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“So happy I did this”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had an extra day in Cairns and my hostel recommended this day tour to Cape Tribulation and the Daintree Rainforest and I am so happy they did. I had a great time. It was my one sunny day in Cairns and I spent it traveling along the ocean, viewing a rainforest, and seeing an absolutely stunning beach. George our tour guide was amazing. He talked the whole time telling us Aboriginal stories as well as information about the area and wildlife. I really had a wonderful last day in Cairns with this company I would recommend using them. I had a friend who did their Tablelands tour, which she said was amazing as well.

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Informative and Entertaining”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was a great tour - our guide was funny, entertaining and knowledgeable. I was a bit skeptical that we could see everything in just one day, but the tour didn't feel rushed at all. We spent plenty of time in each place: enough to really get a feel for it - not just in, then out.
Overall a great tour and I would definitely recommend it!

Visited March 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 285 helpful votes
“Wylie...The cleanest tour guide in australia?”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The Cape Trib tour of the Tablelands has to be one of the highlights of our 4 week trip to Australia and goes to proove that cheap excursions do not have to be low quality.

Having been bumped from a similar more expensive tour, we booked this one as what we thought was a second best alternative. Wrong! this tour was excellent, made even better by Wylie our tour guide who seemed to know just about everything about everything.

A more enthusiastic bloke you could not wish to meet and very clean too, taking every opportunity to dive into the many rivers and waterfalls that we encountered on the tour. Wylie was happy to chat, tell stories and stop at the roadside to buy fruit or photograph somthing interesting. he even went off tour a couple of times to show us crocodiles or outstanding views.

In short, I could not fault this little trip and that is why it is getting 5 stars. A must do in Cairns, do not be put off by the price. Cape Trib are only a small outfit with 2 busses but they are trying really hard and deserve the support that I am giving them.

Visited December 2013