“Great tour”

Cape Trib Connections - Day Tours
Ranked #59 of 157 Tours in Cairns
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were staying in Cape Tribulation for a few days and needed to get there from Cairns. Really glad we choose to get there this way. On the way out, George was our tour guide, he is great. Knows about everything and funny too! Want on a crocodile cruise on the Daintree River, we saw one! Stopped at some lovely viewpoints too and then did a boardwalk through the rainforest-George told us lots of facts. Came back a few days later with Wiley, such a nice guy. Think my husband was pleased as he had a man to talk to after being with just me for so long!!! Great sense of humour and very nice. Stopped at Mossman Gorge and had a paddle!
Great tour-book it!

"full day tour"
"photo opportunities"
"excellent tour"

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing day out at Cape Tribulation and George only made it better! He was friendly, funny and told amazing stories and myths throughout the day. Thanks George!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

A fantastic day trip which wouldn't have been so entertaining if it wasn't for the tour guide, George. George is native aboriginal to the land and had an astounding history of the landscape. Getting a tour of land and rainforest from someone who spent their childhood exploring made it so much more interesting. The jungle cruise is also fantastic, showing us huge crocs - including the infamous scar face! - and learning about the mangrove environment.

Spectacular trip. Thanks George.
I should also add I overslept for the tour and George even woke me up from the hostel! Ace!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I like to have my travel details organised way in advance to avoid any nasty surprises, and so I booked and paid for a half day tour with cape trib connections that would take me and my cousin to crocodylus village, at $60 per person. The person I contacted with throughout was a japanese lady called Kyoko.

At first, the itinerary we were given was: "If you already have transfer back, you can be dropped off at Crocodylus after taking most of our Cape Tribulation Day Tour. You will visit Mossman Gorge, have morning tea, stop at Alexandra Range Lookout, have a guided rainforest walk, visit Cape Tribulation Beach and stop at Daintree Ice-Cream Company. You will arrive Crocodylus
in the midafternoon."

After payment was made, Kyoko emailed me, saying "I have just realised that I had described our current itinerary to you even though you are travelling in July. From April, we are going to take a wildlife cruise on Daintree River in the morning. So, you will visit Mossman George, have morning tea, take a wildlife cruise on Daintree River and arrive Crocodylus early in the afternoon."

Which was still fine by me, as I really just wanted to visit mossman gorge (having seen some pretty pictures of it) and get to crocodylus, which was to be my accomodation for the next 4 nights. I figured i could get to the rest of the places myself at my own pace later. kyoko sounded nice enough as well, so i didn't feel any need to check out any other tours that might be operating the same type of tour.

On the night before the tour, I received an email from kyoko at 7.06pm, saying that the tour had been changed yet again, to now only include the wildlife cruise, with no mention of any compensation to be offered. "I remember that you were happy to be able to visit Mossman Gorge so it must be a dissapointing news to you. We are very sorry for that and also that we have not let you know of this change sooner. We ask you for your understanding in advance and look forward to having you on the tour tomorrow."

We were very upset, as the itinerary had been changed yet again and we had been informed far too late to switch to another tour that would have given us what I thought we'd paid for. We then telephoned Kyoko, to express our disappointment and to ask if any compensation would be offered. To our surprise, her first response was to ask if we wanted a refund. for those interested in staying in cape trib, there aren't many alternate ways to get up there without paying a bomb (over $250), so basically she knew we were stranded without the tour. (since following a tour is the cheapest way to get to your cape trib accommodation).

As things went on, she kept putting us on hold to presumably discuss the situation with her boss, which took a long time. then she basically told us that the owner of the business didn't want us on the tour, and that we could receive a full refund. this was a surprise as we had been polite, and our conversation had been a short one (interspersed with the periods when she put us on hold). We became quite angry at this point and decided to just get the refund, and figure things out ourselves. to make things worse, she was very vague about refund details - she said we were holding up the line and that she would call us when it had been completed. (to our relief, we received our money back later that night)

at the end, after much panicking and after contacting various transport companies, we then contacted crocodylus (around 8.30pm that night - fortunately the reception was still open), and they thankfully helped us book spots on Tropics Explorer (a similar tour), which turned out great.

This was a terrible start to our holiday and we absolutely do not recommend this company at all.

4  Thank Jean O