“Well Done”

Hot Air Balloon Cairns
Ranked #50 of 139 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the hot air ballooning capital of Australia, when you fly here in Cairns as it just like a balloon festival every day. Come flying & enjoy the wonder, romance & silence of the Australian bush as you see kangaroos & Australian wildlife from a very different perspective. So many colourful balloons, the Koala, Roo, World Globe, Honeymoon, Aussie balloons and more. Connect before the Great Barrier Reef to Quicksilver, Great Adventures Big Cat Green Island and more same day. Combine with Skyrail and Kuranda Tours, No bookings fees or credit card fees when you book with us direct and maximum flexibility in dates and refunds too
Reviewed November 4, 2013

in 6 reviews
"scenery"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Our ride was perfectly orchestrated from 4:10 am pickup to a scenic sunrise float with kangaroos below to a bit of manual labor packing up the balloon rewarded with local coffee! Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was given this flight by my daughter and her family a number of years ago but kept delaying as I was a bit apprehensive although wanting to go. My daughter and I finally did it on Saturday and it was absolutely fantastic. Not frightening at all and such a wonderful experience. Thank you so much. Even the packing up of the balloon was part of the experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We waited for the perfect weather forecast for the perfect day of ballooning. picked up at 4:15 am and traveled to Mareeba. Waited for the first group of eager tourists to take their ride and just before we hopped into the basket the operators cancelled the ride due to wind......there was no wind whatsoever on the ground but they assured us that it COULD get very windy....I assure you that we could not feel any wind where we were standing in the middle of a flat paddock but I guess a butterfly flapped its wings somewhere in the vicinity so we could not fly....a waste of a beautiful morning and no real reason for the cancellation other than it Could get windy. We were deffinately not the only disgruntled ballooners as 1 couple even walked off in disgust...I certainly will not pre-book a ballooning flight again if that is how temperamental ballooning is. It is not a cheap exercise for group of friends at $235 each and then have to wait 3 business days for our refund.