The Jack Backpackers
$244
$141
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$86
Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
$130
$117
$187
$148
  • Pool
BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$155
$135
Travelocity
$150
$133
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$122
$93
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$93
$74
Agoda.com
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$123
$111
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$107
$81
All reviewsfree dinnerfree wifinight securitycleaning teamsocial hosteldrink specialsair concommon roomevery eveningbed dormcleaned every dayclean facilitiesprivate roomhuge balconyrooms are bigcommunal areasroom key
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Room was clean and tidy, got free dinner each night & discounts on all our other meals which was great. We were drinking jugs of beer for $8!!! Awesomeness! Great place if you want to get your dance on to the live music...was great service and atmosphere all night.Would definetly stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tanzi P
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I highly recommend this fabulous place if you want great accommodation, hospitality, a free travel agency and live music. They offered free dinners, extremely cheap meals, live music as well as a secure and friendly place to stay. the staff were all incredibly generous and organised all of our day trip bookings for us and gave us local tips for great things to do around cairns. if you want an early night then this probably isnt the place for you because the live music went on long into the night, but sleeping is overrated, especially in this town!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ClairaS255093
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Completely agree with the previous review down to the timeline. I too booked a private room for $70. Okay, I did know that the hostel is next to a pub, but I thought since the private rooms are not above the pub it may be okay. WRONG! The room we had was on the ground floor, directly behind the very powerful sound system. There was not only loud noise but also vibration and random lights shooting into the room through the curtains. How loud? Think sleeping with your ears next to a boombox with the volume at the max. That's how loud it was. We checked in on the first day of a 3-day long weekend. There was game playing, live band, DJ music (in that order) non-stop from the afternoon to 2am-ish, all broadcasted at that max volume. After that, on multiple occassions there were people pounding on our door throughout the night and early morning.

The room itself leaves much to be desired also. It's a good size room, but all of the furniture is kind of run down. The table surface is in fact stick. The bathroom is a tiny strip with a toilet to one end and a shower to the other end, and a very narrow sink in between, so narrow that you can't barely put your hands in there to wash. After our sleepless night we found a dead cockroach under the sink.

The solid one star was for the staff; they were the main reasons I booked the hostel against common sense perhaps. They were very efficient in communication and booking, and the girl in the office there that day refunded us the room fare we prepaid when we left after one night.

Room Tip: Not in this hostel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ive stayed in Hostels all over australia and this is the loudest Ive ever come across. Took a private room for $70 and was forwarned of "a little noise" from the bar next door. Alls fair, i'm staying in a hostel, not expecting much sleep anyways. This was unreal though, Ive spent more relaxing nights at the Woolshed. My room is on the ground floor, facing an impressive sound system. Close by the public washrooms. Easy access from the bar. I gave up on sleep, went out for a few beers then spent the rest of the night hunting cockroaches. Bar is blasting top 40 hits til 2am. 230am- drunk guy knocks on my door looking his buddy. 3am- drunk british girls confused because their key doesnt work in my door 4am- stealth cockroach attack. 9am- wake up for checkout.
My only mistake was not drinking enough, this is a night club, it just happens to have a hostel next to it.

Room Tip: Stay out of the Motel rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here with my partner for two weeks and I have nothing bad to say about the place. The hostel itself was quiet (surprising because there is a bar underneath it) clean and great value :)) I you stay here you also get great discounts in the bar downstairs (a jug of beer for $8... YES PLEASE) and free food.

• Stayed: August 2012