“Great place to stay!”

Gecko's Backpackers
Ranked #12 of 84 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Reviewed October 28, 2013

A very nice and clean hostel. The atmosphere is familiar and the location reminds me of an oasis. The Hostel is located next to a big shopping center so you can reach coles in 2 minutes. The lagoon and the harbour are just 10 minutes to walk.

• Stayed: October 2013
Peter H, Geckos & the crew at Gecko's Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi Schneppistern Im hoping to find out what that means but we had a great laugh you girls were so much fun you were over the road at the shopping centre then on your beds making the most of our free Wi-fi. Thanks for a fun time from Geckos & the crew.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

A very nice hostel with large rooms and located next to the big shopping centre with coles. The lagoon and the harbour are only about 10 minutes away.
The manager is really friendly and created an atmosphere like home with his hostel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Peter H, Geckos & crew at Gecko's Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hey Cairnsgirli you must have loved it your comming back thats great. The rooms are large cause we have only brand-new single beds with a nice thick mattress & more space for your luggage.Thank you for staying at Geckos.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It is a really relaxed time here. The rooms are clean and larg. The manager is amazing. This beautiful hostel has got a wide kitchen, free Wi-fi, swimming pool and it is next to the shopping centre! You will not find a better place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013

Hi Pfirsiche Im still waiting for my letter haha what a graet laugh we had it was fun to meet you.I think you ejoyed our large kitchen cause so many people can cook at the same time & it never closes.Thanks & have a safe journey from Geckos & the crew.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

It's a beautiful and peaceful hostel with clean and large rooms, a wide kitchen, free wi-fi, 1min walk from the supermarket, a swimming pool, nice room mates (concerning my experience) and a really friendly and helpful manager ! I couldn't ask for more.. I stayed here for 4 nights and I loved it ! I definitely recommend it :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Peter H, Geckos & crew at Gecko's Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hi Erik isnt it great to have a large shopping center across the road & Im very happy to here you made the most of our facilities everyone is so greatful we have free wi-fi well I hope to see you sme day all the best Erik from the crew at Geckos.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am come from Taiwan.
This is my first time to Cairns with my working holiday.

I google to find a backpacker hostel.
and google show me this hotel - Gecko's Backpackers

It is a beautiful and clean hotel and hosteler is very friendly.
I love this place to stay and I recommend it.

Room Tip: Gecko's Backpackers has brand-new beds .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hi Mary I was so happy to help you with our shuttle bus from the airport to us at the cost of only $5.00. Mary you mad it so easy for me to communicate with you with your translater.So from my crew & I we hope you have a great journey from Geckos.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is by far the best hostel I stayed in. The manager is amazing, he is friendly, helpful, remembers your name and goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable. I was staying there by myself for a few days, then my boyfriend joined me, then back to by myself. The manager made sure we had a double room for the days we were together, and that I was well looked after the days I was alone. I felt safe and comfortable as a girl alone. The place is super clean and quiet, not a party hostel at all. We used the hostel as a base to go on small trips around the area and the luggage storage is free and secure here.

FREE wifi, FREE air-conditioning, need I say more. You will not find a better place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Well this has to be from the Lovely Sarah & Lucas thank you the best thing I can do is to make sure everyone is looked after the same that I did with you my staff clean everything to there best abality they do an awesome job Im glad you used the free wi-fi. I am looking forward to seeing you guys back especialy Luc with his Giant Kangaroo bergers WOW!. Any how Im glad you used us for a base your welcme back any-time. Thanks very much guys & have a good one from Geckos & crew.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We turned up after a night in Gilligans and it was so much nicer! Much cleaner with a nice pool/rooms and kitchen. The bloke that owns it is decent too. Great if you want more peace and quiet rather than a full on sesh.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter H, Geckos & the crew at Gecko's Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hi Chester ye no party sesh here we like it nice & peacefull & it was good to see you both enjoy our pool & sun-baking area thak you for staying with us bye for now. Geckos & crew.