Cairns Queenslander Hotel and Apartments
$168
$148
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Pacific Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$137
Hotels.com
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$99
$93
BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$225
$197
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$174
HolidayInn.com
Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
$142
  • Restaurant
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$124
$99
$145
$140
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$244
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
All reviewshibiscus roomlake stlate flightminute walkwashing machinetown centreair conspacious roomthe ground floorfresh towelscairns esplanadenight staystayed nightslaundry facilitiespleasant staypoolskitchenette
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just north of the downtown area, and a very short drive from the airport, this hotel location was a short walk from everything to see and do in Cairns. Very large room with lovely patio area, two pools and enjoyed the food at the restaurant onsite.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank neoleo
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was part of a group of over 30 people who arrived here 29th October.
First impressions, reception was lovely, welcoming, clean and airy.
My room was spacious and clean, great pillows altho I personally found the bed uncomfortable, but that may be just me.
Reception was very helpful, which I appreciated.
Air conditioning worked well.
Restaurant food was more than adequate. Only wish there was a communal place to gather, outside of dining area, even at the bar, there was nowhere for friends to mingle, but I don't really see there is room for this.
Overall a lovely hotel, bit too far from the centre of town for me, but as a tour group with coaches picking us up each day, this did not really impact on my time too much, altho when I visit Cairns again independently, I will opt for a place nearer the centre as it really is too hot to be walking sans backpace.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2013

There are two parts to the Queenslander: First there is the hotel, the rooms, the facilities and there is the great service from the three wonderful girls at reception, Narelle, Stanni and Pamela.

The rooms are very spacious, no complaints. There is also a pool (or maybe 2) but seriously you didn't come to Cairns to sit in a pool, our days were chock full of the day trips. We missed breakfast both days because of our tours and flight so can't comment on that. For the price, I cannot say the rooms are outstanding or anything but they are definitely fine. The location is very good indeed with a grocery store within walking distance that stays open late and the cock and bull pub which has a wonderful environment and deserves its own review. So in terms of just hotel, I would give it 3 stars.

However, the reason I am giving the Queenslander 4 stars is because of the amazingly friendly and helpful people at reception. They have really redefined what I expect from any hotel reception, as they just blew me away. As great as Stani and Pamela was though, it would be very wrong if I didn't single out Narelle, who is a wonder woman, juggling 10 guests, while planning out our tours, marking out our maps, giving directions on where to go and where to eat and what not!

Negatives, not too many, but I definitely did not like the daily cleaning which I believe only fixes the bed and nothing else. Worst of all, our tea cups were not cleaned which is a first for me in any hotel.

Overall, definitely recommended in this price range and I hope you have as good a time as I did in Cairns, one of the best tourist destinations I have been to.

Room Tip: To go to the grocery store or the cock and bull pub, go directly through the hotel rather than go out in front and turn back.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel located about 15-20 minutes outside the centre of Perth. The room was comfortable and the Reception staff very friendly and helpful. The only slight negative was the hotel restaurant, which didn't cater for wheat intloerant people like me (apart from steak). Breakfast is another matter, though, and the lady in charge kindly provided me with gluten free bread for my toast each morning.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We arrived mid October to be greeted by a very friendly reception who were both informative and polite. We stayed for 8 nights in a room that was spaceous and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and the combination of both air conditioning and ceiling fan made sleeping on warm nights easy. The small resturant next to recption serves a good section of breakfast options from light to full Ausie. We dined in a couple of evenings and the ribs and steaks were first class. The centre of town is a good 10 to 15 minute walk along the esponade where there are a large selection of resturants and bars. There is also a great pub/eating house called the Cock & Bull just around the corner serving very good food and drink at very good prices, if you do not want to walk too far. Would strongly recomend this hotel.

2  Thank R3947NORobertM