I think it is quite good value for money and I was quite pleased until the early morning when all the noise woke me up. Doors are incredibly loud, close with a really loud bang, theres also quite a big space between the doors and the floor so you hear absolutely everything that is going on in the corridor, noise from the cafeteria was annoying and bathroom also kept on making weird noises every now and then. I woke up feeling tired and frustrated! Room was clean and spacious and had everything we needed, I did find few long black hairs from the bathroom. Tv reception was BAD. It was impossible to watch tv. Internet reception was BAD-expensive and only worked half of the time. I bought an hour (6 aud) and I was forced to use it all in one go because that is how it works there and it kept on logging me out so half of the time was wasted on trying to make it work again. We booked a room with a breakfast but when we went to have it they informed us that its light breakfast so we were very disappointed with boring cereal, milk and toast, instead of eggs and bacon. If you need a cheap place to stay might be ok but if you really need to rest I wouldnt recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cairns Queenslander is one of Cairns most popular accommodation & restaurant properties and is your ideal comfortable base from which to discover the surrounding natural beauty of the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Property location is ideally situated within easy walking distance to the Cairns Esplanade waterfront, numerous restaurants, convenience shopping and for our corporate clientele close to Cairns Central Business District. Conveniently divided into two separate buildings, you're offered a superb choice of accommodation options. The east wing provides AAA rated 4 Stars (DELUXE) modern contemporary designed hotel rooms, one & two bedroom serviced apartments. Separated by undercover walkway is our west wing AAA rated 3.5 Stars (STANDARD) traditional Queenslander style suites & family two bedroom serviced apartments. All guest rooms are styled for comfort and your convenience; include air-conditioning, ceiling fans, refrigerators, flat-panel TV, FREE Wi-Fi access and your very own private balcony where you can sit out and enjoy Cairns tropical climate. We also certainly take your health and wellbeing seriously; bedroom mattresses and pillows prior to your arrival have been naturally sanitized using the 'Sleep Easy' revolutionary cleaning system. Property features include two swimming pools, 24 hours manned reception, on-site car parking and Cairns favourite char-grill restaurant (Steak on Lake) open daily for breakfast & dinner. Excellent location: the Cairns Queenslander is ideally situated only a short stroll to the North Esplanade parklands, from there you can enjoy a pleasurable walk along the Esplanade walking track (enormous variety of native birdlife, including wild pelicans & lorikeets can be seen daily) towards the lagoon swimming pool and heart of the city. Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you. Enjoy Your Stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairns Queenslander Hotel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Queenslander Apartments Hotel Cairns
- Queenslander Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Queenslander Hotel