We stayed at the CQ for 4 nights and was our first trip to australia and it was an enjoyable stay.
When we arrived we were met by David on reception who was really welcoming and helpful showing that nothing was too much trouble and was happy to point out local amenities to locations and also call tour operators for us which was very beneficial as we felt a little list when we arrived.
Location is about a 20 minute walk to town via the esplanade which leads you to the town centre and the lagoon.
David suggested a pub a block away to eat as was cheap because we are travelling called the cock and bull and it did not disappoint - the portions were gigantic and we had a kangaroo and croc combo so was great.
There is a supermarket 5 minutes away along with some take aways so was perfect for us as australia is much more expensive compared to the uk.
From the airport it is 5 minutes in a cab and costs about £13.
Rooms are big and have a tv on the wall with lots of channels, there is an iron and kettle etc and the bed is huge.
A big thanks to David again who made our stay enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns Queenslander Hotel & Apartments, is situated within Cairns City close to the Esplanade foreshore. Cairns is your ideal coastal setting for your next holiday, short break or overnight stay. Our private balcony rooms are spacious and comfortable; we offer a wide range of affordable room types including Deluxe & Traditional Queenslander style accommodation, many room types featuring kitchenette dining facilities. Great value menu options combined with excellent fresh local cuisine are served in our casual a'fresco style licensed restaurant 'STEAK on LAKE'; Open Daily for breakfast 6:30am to 10am and dinner from 5:30pm. Evening daily meal specials and extensive a'la carte menu available. Wine lovers must try our wonderful selection of boutique Australian & NZ wines. Your accommodation also features 2 outdoor swimming pools, complimentary WiFi and plenty on-site car-parking. Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, World Heritage Rainforest and the adventure capital of the tropical north. With so much to see and do the fun never stops! Our friendly and helpful reception team ( available 24hrs) can provide invaluable tour advice and will book those tour experiences for you. The Cairns Queenslander Hotel & Apartments is proudly Australian owned and operated, suitable for family, single travelers, couples or small & large group stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairns Queenslander Hotel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Queenslander Apartments Hotel Cairns
- Queenslander Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Queenslander Hotel