“Wonderful Cairns Accomidation”

Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Ranked #1 of 83 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I completely loved this hostel. It was relaxed and friendly and clean and colourful. Close to downtown but separated form the noise. Hammocks around the pool, movie nights, Aussie BBQ dinners... John gets a shout-out as the most helpful, genuine and friendly hostel staff I met while backpacking the South Pacific! Helped me book my trip to the reef and up to Cape Trib. The rest of the time I just spent relaaaxing and making many new friends - some of the most lasting hostel friendships I made while travelling.
Excellent all around!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed March 19, 2010

Although it has been a few years since staying here, I still dream of the day I can return. I loved the look and feel of location. The staff really help us plan our few days in Cairns. With there help, we had a great time. I again look forward to traveling half way around the world to visit my friends at Travellers Oasis.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stayed for two nights after being with family, John went to so much trouble to get me my dream trip by helicopter out to the GBR and join up with a boat for some diving on Hastings Reef. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at Travellers, the rooms are clean with AirCon, the company was great, everyone makes you feel so welcome as a solo traveller and takes the time to get to know you and what you want out of your experience in north Queensland. Kathy and Gabe are the most wonderful hosts and the Aussie BBQ is not to be missed with the didge competition and Chilli Pepper the Hostel Dog. Loved my time here and will return this year, just to stay in this amazing place xx

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Travelled the East Coast in 2008 with my partner, I heard loads of good reviews about travellers Oasis from other travellers so decided to check it out. What a great place, after spending so long sleeping in bunk beds in cramped grungy rooms, Travellers Oasis was a breath of fresh air!! Great rooms, all airy and decorated to a relaxed taste. The staff were brilliant and so helpful, John was great for tourist info and trip bookings at good prices and Gabe and family made us feel very welcome from checking in. We ended up spending a month there and decided it would be a nice place to stay for Christmas and we weren't wrong, free champagne breakfast from the staff and a great atmosphere. Would recommend this place to anyone of any age, it was definitely a home away from home!! :D

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I had a great stay at this hostel. The staff are wonderful, very friendly and helpful. John recommended a great day trip out to the GBR, which I really enjoyed. He was also super cool about letting me into the room when I had locked myself out. The place is clean and very well run.

There is a very nice pool, as well as pleasant common areas, both inside and out. The atmosphere was laid-back and friendly, and it was easy to meet people here. The location is great, far enough out of the town center to be nice and quiet, but near enough to be an easy walk. There is free pick-up from the airport. This hostel is a great value, with small dorms and inexpensive private rooms.

If I ever return to Cairns I was stay here.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Chill place, great crew and cool backpackers. What more do you want?
Definitely recommendable :)

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed January 31, 2010

In November 2009 we stayed for one night at the Traveller's Oasis in a double room with shared bathroom. The hostel is clean, well-run, and conveniently located just behind the central shopping centre (which has a cinema, food court, 2 levels of shops, and can be walked straight through to get into the centre of town). Parking is available on the street outside.

Like most Cairns hostels, Traveller's Oasis can arrange any restaurant / tour bookings and vouchers as required, and the guy running the reception during our stay was friendly and welcoming. The hostel represented good value for money and I would consider staying again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple