Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Hotels.com
$69
$66
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$110
$91
  • Pool
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$98
$72
$119
$105
  • Pool
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$69
$82
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$81
$75
$262
$163
Hotwire.com
All reviewssister hostelpizza nightdidgeridoo competitionsingle roommonday nightair conaussie bbqthe east coastcommunal areas arefree tea and coffeefree wififantastic hostelcoin operatedhome away from hometropic daysfavourite hostelfelt like home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A gem among the hostels in Cairns, everything was pure perfection. Helen helps you with EVERYTHING, whatever tours you want to book or whatever questions you have; she's just fantastic, and so is the rest of the staff.

This place is so cosy and packed with great people!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Me and my friend found the staff very friendly. They Showed us around the hostel upon arrival. The Cleanliness was excellent. It was a Very relaxed atmosphere. The staff Made us feel welcome. We were not sure what trips to book as never been to cairns but the staff recommended several trips tailored to our needs. They booked our chosen trip for us and it was the highlight of our holiday. They recommended the airport transfer which came with a discount and also booked our transfer back again. The kitchens were clean and there were free tea bags and coffee. The room was clean and towels were provided. Rooms were air conditioned and also has ceiling fans. We had a twin room with a fridge. If I were to return to cairns I would definatly go back to travelers oasis.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

...this place was the first hostel I stayed in, and it's spoiled me for other hostels! When arriving there, I was greeted by Helen on the reception desk who was extremely helpful and went out of her way to help me plan and organise my trip. After arriving and checking in, I was shown around all of the hostel and given an explanation of all the facilities, etc., then shown to my room, which was well-kept and clean.

The facilities here are excellent -- two kitchens, BBQ area, free tea and coffee, swimming pool, hammocks, laundry -- it has everything you need. Everything is absolutely immaculate, thanks to the excellent staff who really make sure everything is done properly.

The staff are all extremely friendly and all got involved with talking to the guests after they were finished their shifts. They ended up being more like friends than anything else.

A lot of people think it's somewhat out of the way, but it's only two minutes from the shopping centre and a ten minute walk from the esplanade.

I was only meant to stay for two days, but I enjoyed the time I spent and the people I met there so much that I ended up staying for a week -- that probably says more than the rest of the review.

Room Tip: Book in advance to make sure you get a 3 or 4 share room, otherwise you run the risk of getting the dreaded top bunk in one of the rooms: not good after a night out.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jordan R
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This really is an outstanding hostel staffed by the nicest folks. When leaving Cairns, Matt volunteered to walk me to the bus stop so that I didn't have to go alone at 11:30 at night and Helen got me a big towel when I walked in dripping wet after being caught in a storm.

Make a point to swim at sunset so that you can watch all the flying foxes pass by overhead! Keep your eyes peeled for the geckos that hang out indoors at night.

It does cost money to use the air conditioner in the room you're staying in; however, it's only $1 for three hours and the nightly rate here is so good that even if you were to spend an extra $3 on the ac, it'd still be cheaper than other places.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lkvy
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week with these guys. From the minute we walked in all the staff we very helpful, knowledgable and friendly!

Although it appears to be out of the centre, it's actually only a 10 minute walk to the marina, esplanade etc.

Both my girlfriend and I would highly recommend the place to anyone visiting Cairns.

• Stayed: March 2013