“I have never felt more welcomed nor at home!”

Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Ranked #2 of 85 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Singapore, Singapore
“I have never felt more welcomed nor at home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staffs were so warm and passionate! She showed me around to get comfortable with the hostels. The facilities were plentiful and convenient. The lobby, the board signs, the hallway, the rooms were all very bright, spirited and cute! I felt relaxed and at ease just being there.

The people staying there were wonderful too! At the picnic table, I met a Belgium couple, a solo Belgium traveller having returned from Eclipse party, a girl from Holland planning her working holiday here, and a girl from UK who came back from bushwalking! We exchanged wine, cidars and photos as we talked our way into the evening.

Since I secured a live aboard, I had to cancel my second night. Instead of looking gruntle or make me oblige to pay, the staff was passionately helping me to post my room availability online. Sure enough, when I came back from live aboard, the night was sold and I got my refund back! The staff were like family members on my side, rather on the profit side.

It was such a wonderful place to stay. I would give up 4-5 star hotels (which I also tried in Cairns) to stay with Travellers Oasis again. I miss them already :)

Room Tip: Bring some coins - $1 for 3 hous of A/C is just enough to put you to a good night of sleep; an affo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Easy going when I tried to book accomodation during eclipse-times, they replied to my e-mail right away. Even a pick up from the bus station was included. Much appreciated! And when we got there: Tropical atmosphere, quiet at night, cosy during day and evening. Good facilities, very friendly staff and a fine room. Thanks, guys!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Oasis is a fitting name for this hostel. Set 10 mins away from the busier part if town (your choice if this is a good thing), the hostel has a calm vibe with real backpacker charm and has the personal touch which we found missing in Gilligans hostel. Felt like a little hippie commune but with wifi and all the mod cons.

Mickey and Helen are both really canny people, when we first arrived the place was full (like the whole of Cairns due to the eclipse festival that had just finished) and Helen was busy ringing around trying to find a room for two nervous guys with nowhere to stay that night. Perfect demonstration of genuine care for the quality of people's holidays.

Definitely recommend this place if partying is not high on your agenda or you don't mind the 10 min walk into the centre.

• Stayed November 2012
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Travellers Oasis twice on my travels and generally I was impressed with the friendly staff and good accommodation.

My second night's stay had me in a room facing the central courtyard, I was kept up a little by people talking and socialising late into the night outside my window. This is my only complaint...and my first room was much more secluded around the side of the hostel and far more private and quiet.

The hostel is set aback slightly from the city centre giving you less of the drunken kids staying there compared to other places in cairns. I would definitely recommend travellers oasis to a friend!

• Stayed November 2012
Aspen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very clean and tropical. Quiet at night. Great staff that book awesome tours and give good sightseeing info and tell you the best way to see the sights and save money. 1 minute from mall and a great cheap Mexican Cantina. Walking distance to the Lagoon. They have pizza nights and Wifi is only $5 a day.

Room Tip: Don't book room #4. It is right by the office and the pool and gets loud.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed there at the beginning of october for 3 nights. Very clean showers, kitchen area, pool area. The staff were more than helpful. Gabe, behind the desk helped us plan our full weekend with our campervan which was great! Also was only a short walk into town. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place is lovely, lots of outdoor seating areas, 2 kitchens, you can have a room with NO BUNK BEDS! small swimming pool but the stars are the staff! They are so knowledgeable and can book any and all trips. Really clean! All that you really want!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo