“Can't wait to eat here again!”
Review of Voodooz Cajun Kitchen - CLOSED

Voodooz Cajun Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic New Orleans cuisine right here in Cairns. Taste the sensation of Seafood Gumbo, Jambalaya, Creole Prawns or a Rack of mouthwatering Southern Style Ribs. Seek out our Mobile Food Vans on our Facebook page!
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Whats not to like about this place?
You can see pictures of your dish before your order and not food court style generic pictures.. Pictures of REAL dishes - from different angles - Genius! Whats better, is that your wait staff will come over to you, ask you what your tossing up between and happily spend 5 minutes with you showing you the dishes you cant decided between! Hello! Customer Service - Nice to see you again!
The food is delightful - I'll be honest though - I didnt like the corn bread (flapjack) thing much - however my fiance loved it!
I had the ribs and being out for dinner asked for half of the vegies and extra chips (stodgy I know - but we were out - its my excuse) and BOY! Did I regret that - the veggies were so out of this damn world amazing that next time I go - I will be ordering all veg (okay and maybe a handful of chips).. ribs were delightful.. they are hard to come by these days - but WOW! These guys sure know how to knock you down with great food! My fiance had the chicken - he was hesitant as he is not a chicken lover - THIS chicken converted him - he was in heaven!
The service was amazing.. wait staff were extremely attentive.. Asking if everything was okay, always checking our drink levels, clearing the table promptly... even asked if we had pets that we would like to take the rib bones home to!!

Honestly, Im hard to please when it comes to eating out.. But at Voodooz.. I felt like I had died and gone to food heaven.. and better yet.. CUSTOMER SERVICE heaven.. it blew me away!!

We will most certainly be heading back there.. We are locals and you just dont find quality that great anywhere else up here... The only downside is that, because it IS so good, it is a little on the pricey side.. so its a special occasion type place - although I wish it was our weekly date night place!!!

Looking forward to venturing back soon.. Do yourself a favour and go there! You will not regret it!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The New Orleans style of this restaurant provides a nice contrast to many of the other local restaurants. The food is a good representation of southern food and I enjoy eating there. It's a casual and fun place to relax with friends and one of the few placed in town with live music. I would love to see them improve their cocktail menu with a few other New Orleans favourites (Sazerac comes to mind).

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Voodooz was new to Cairns this year and now we can't believe we didn't try this Cajun sensation sooner. The service exceeds many a fine diner, anywhere in the world, but it's a casual and fun place. These folk clearly love what they do, greeting you like an old friend, ensuring prompt drinks, and food orders. Food delivery was well paced despite several quite big tables. We'd been told their southern chicken was something else. The fried version almost KFC for grown ups without the oil, while the supreme with its yummy mango salsa was also a treat. We started with a half dozen battered oysters because the Cajun dipping sauce sounded so good, and it was. Nice wine list, range of prices although quite limited in styles of the whites, eg sav blanc and chardies dominate, which was just fine with us. No room for dessert but we'll be back. For visitors, this eatery is about a block back from the esplanade parklands and an easy stroll from all the big 5 star hotels, looking diagonally across to the park between the Pullman Cairns International, Pacific International, Reef Casino, Harbour Lights and Hilton, so although a suburban street shop without water views it's still certainly got location, location, location.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The restaurant theme is voodoo and served soul food inspired by New Orleans. Voodoo dolls, fake skull as salt and pepper holder and pictures of New Orleans are everywhere. The food was great - we ordered a full rack of ribs, Jambalaya and chips. It can get quite busy later in the night. Service was great - we got our meals and drinks in time. Overall not a bad dining experience!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We rolled on in for lunch today, after being tempted by all the great photos on the restaurants web page. Certainly didn't disappoint. The owner is certainly great at giving top notch service, and knows his stuff about the local area (great to have a chat to). The food was absolutely brilliant, and I will definitely be back before the year is done for a 2nd round!