“Ok for one night.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cairns Queens Court

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Cairns Queens Court
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Cairns
London, United Kingdom
“Ok for one night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff but not the best place I've stayed in. Very small rooms for the price and not very close to town. Also it was a shared bathroom which I would expect in a motel. I was only in Cairns for one night so did the job, but wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer! Although they had peanut butter for breakfast so that's always a bonus! Lady got very angry when I plugged my iPhone in to the socket next to the toaster. Very dangerous apparently, haha!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Australind, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for a night, initially I booked a promotion of $80 but when I checked in, I've learned that it's a shared bathroom, so I had to upgrade and paid an addition of $20. The bathroom has a very limited space. The staff at reception were friendly. Also, there was no elevator to the 2nd floor where my room was, I had to drag my heavy luggage all the way up and down which was very inconvenient. Lastly, being a light sleeper, it was a bit difficult for me to get to sleep at early hours of the night with the noise of the passing vehicles. All in all, it was a good place to stay just to sleep for the night as I had to catch my flight at 5:45am.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AussieRulesCebu
Perth Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We recently spent 6 nights at the Queens Court and have to say it was excellent. I had read some unfavorable reports but noted they'd been written several years ago. The new owners have clearly turned the hotel around because it was hard to fault. We arrived late Monday night and followed the instructions emailed to us about how to access the night safe and follow the colored dots on the pavement to get to our room.....EASY!!!
The breakfast, which was more than adequate, comprised a choice of 3 cereals with fruit, coffee, tea, white and wholegrain bread to toast, as well as some fruit drink.
For those of us who are light sleepers, there was a bit of traffic noise, but that would be the same for any of the hotels along that street. When I mentioned the road noise next morning we were immediately moved and upgraded to a suite.....FANTASTIC!!!
While we didn't use the pool, we certainly availed ourselves of the free BBQ facilities. And how can I finish without mentioning the ladies on the front desk....Donna is worth her weight in gold. She organized all our tours and gave us an invaluable local insight. Thank you Queens Court for a wonderful experience.

1 Thank TheCrowe
Queensland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of days on our way home and we were really disappointed. The rain made the bird excrement very slippery and dangerous in the entrance to where our room was. The bed was so hard and uncomfortable that even though we both took sleeping tablets to get through the night, the pain the next day was excruciating. We didn't spend much time in the hotel room, but when we returned in the evening, there were lots of ants in the kitchen despite not having left any food out. Continental Breakfast was included, but there wasn't enough seating in the area and we had to find a table elsewhere. And I have to say, what a way to make the people who smoke feel even more ostracised... the sight of them standing in the driveway, in the rain was terrible. I asked for a disabled room, and after sleeping there for two nights, that's exactly how we felt. We won't be returning.

Room Tip: Don't!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Let me start by saying that this was my tenth hotel on my travels and probably my favorite! The place is nice & comfortable and for the price I think you'd be hard pressed to find another that rivals it. It's within a short walk of the waterfront and all the action, as far as great food, nightlife, scuba and all the tours pick you up at the front door.
tho, the greatest assets of the Queens Court are the ladies at the front desk! The attention to the guest's needs and inquiries are second to none... and believe me, I pushed my luck. They were pleasant and very knowledgeable about tours and points of interest for any whim i came up with (scuba, skydiving, food and wine tours, good first date restaurant ... ). i felt like i was home and mom was looking out for me to have the best time possible! besides the funny way they spoke, I would have taken them all home with me. I'll definitely be back. "This place - no worries mate!"
Thanks for all,
keith t., N.J. USA

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Keith T
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed here three nights. The lady who owns (recently took over) the place was extremely nice and accommodating. We arrived in the early evening and the reception office was closed. (which we were informed it would be when we booked. She gave us a code for a lock box but we forgot the number) But one quick call on the emergency phone and she was there to greet us and show us around and to our room. Our a/c unit wasn’t working at first, but again, with one quick call, there was someone there to get it going and it was fine the rest of our stay. The room and bathroom were clean and there is a mini fridge and t.v. There is a swimming pool and nice continental breakfast. I liked that it included congee and a choice of paying a little extra for a hot breakfast. There are a couple of coin operating washing machines and dryers but no elevators. (Our room was on the third floor). Its walking distance to a few good places to eat and a convenience store if you need.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with heavy and or multiple bags, request the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FL20_13
Hobart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Have just had an enjoyable five nights at Queens Court and find it hard to fault!
We stayed in a Suite which was lovely and big and very clean. A wonderful comfy King size, bed. Had a ground floor unit, had everything you want! Tea/coffee. air con/ wifi/ radio etc etc.
We had no problems with noise and the staff are very freindly...If I had a gripe and not that i do! I did email to advise our flight would get in at 5.20 but was told no worries just give a ring and we would get picked up EVEN though passed the time for pick ups, we actually were ready with luggage at just 5.10 but when I rang the driver had gone home?? so had to grab a cab. also I didnt enjoy the cooked breckie on my birthday?? overcooked bacon and undercooked eggs, but as I said no gripes..Others have said its a fair way out which is true but even me with my bad Knee was able to do the 15min walk,, would I go back.YES ! Would I recommend,, definately, great value!! for the $'s... Well done Queens Court..

Room Tip: Ground floor Suite!! worth the few $'s extra!!
1 Thank Brianeeg