We stayed at Coconuts for eight nights in December with our two children aged 3 and 7. We had read so many wonderful things about Coconuts that were very excited about staying there.
We stayed in a luxury cabin that had lots of space for everyone and it was appointed with fantastic things for the kitchen - very good quality and you couldn't fault it. The staff were helpful and the park is big and is very well maintained.
Large park, well maintained and landscaped.
Two pools, a water park, mini golf, tennis, jumping pilllows etc etc...a lot for kids!
Helpful staff and a lot of options for tours.
Quiet at night. Considering the amount of guests, it was very calm.
Bring a lot of cash. You need to leave deposits for everything! Including the internet - everything except the buggies are free, but you need to leave the cash first.
Expensive. We payed on average $345 per night for a cabin...at a caravan park. Our other hotel in Cairns was less than half the amount, had a larger room and was across the road from a beautiful beach....
Every activity apart from the Sun Lagoon pool looks onto the very busy Bruce highway. Its noisy and a very unpleasant outlook. You don't feel like you are in the tropics when you are at the waterpark. I would hope that the park would landscape or do some planting to alleviate this, however I would doubt it due to the free advertising that they are getting from all the traffic.
Very little for smaller children to do. Park ideally suited for kids 6 and up. Nothing for toddlers to do except swim in the Sun Lagoon pool....which during the time we were there was over run a lot of the time by teenagers playing rough games and others who thought it was a good idea to bring very large water equipment (boats!?) into the pool even though it was very crowded.
There are no staff at the pool to monitor the obnoxious behavior. A lot of drinking, glass bottles etc etc. Compared to the water park where there are staff checking wrist bands !
Park is a good 10 - 15 minutes out of Cairns. If you have a car its not too bad, otherwise you will need to catch the free shuttle bus to go into town which stops at 3pm or catch the public bus.
Overall we had a good time and enjoyed the facilities. Some of the activities need a bit of work (putt putt) but the kids did really enjoy it and we are glad we went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly self-contained accommodation with the most amazing range of free activities including heated SPLASH water park, under sixes indoor playground, adults only therapeutic hot spa, mini golf, the NEOS interactive playground, two heated (and cooled) resort pools, monster Jumping Pillows, tennis court and much, much more. Accommodation choices range from luxury three bedroom Condos, fully self contained Villas with two bathrooms to Tropical Cabins and sites for caravans, motorhomes & tents. Multi award winning including 7 times winner of the Australian Tourism Award for Best Tourist & Holiday Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Coconut Holiday Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Caravan Coconut Resort