My wife booked our stay at the resort after viewing their website and discussing the holiday with me. It was advertised at $150 pn for a spa villa but when she called to book she was promptly told that it was $200 pn due to high season. She booked it anyway. We stayed for two nights so perhaps this had something to do with the price!
Service on arrival was faultless! Staff were very friendly and professional. They paid special attention to our son which was nice.
The room was spacious and clean. The glass table on the living area perhaps not a good idea for a family room! No daily servicing either!
The main bedroom had a small ensemble bed which is less than ideal. I'm only 178cm tall and it was impossible to lie out flat without either my feet hanging off the end or my face being rubbed by curtains that hang far to low at the head of the bed.
TV in the room are good but no kids channels. (appart from abc). Sport channels are good but having a pin code required screen showing during the rugby game was frustrating.
The spa in the bathroom is okay. It is not very powerful and really just makes bubbles rather than providing any therapeutic value.
Toilet seat won't stay up making it hard to toilet train children.
Overall, it is good but not $200 worth of good! More about $150 worth of good. Take into account that the resort isn't exactly in the heart of the city.
The park for kids is good too. Similiar what you can enjoy for free on the esplanade.
Would I pay the same price to stay here again?- no!
Would I stay here again for $150 a night- I think that would be a yes.
Pluses- staff! (seems that moral at the resort is great), room size is great, free inclusions(park), cleanliness.
Negatives- price, location, size of bed and design of bedroom, spa, no kids channels for when parents need a break! (even a movie channel aired to the rooms would be good)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly self-contained accommodation with the most amazing range of free activities including heated SPLASH water park, under sixes indoor playground, adults only therapeutic hot spa, mini golf, the NEOS interactive playground, two heated (and cooled) resort pools, monster Jumping Pillows, tennis court and much, much more. Accommodation choices range from luxury three bedroom Condos, fully self contained Villas with two bathrooms to Tropical Cabins and sites for caravans, motorhomes & tents. Multi award winning including 7 times winner of the Australian Tourism Award for Best Tourist & Holiday Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Coconut Holiday Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Caravan Coconut Resort