This place is cheap cheap cheap.
1. Rooms are OK, clean enough but run down.
2. Service is off hand and rude and reception. The girls there could not care less.
3. The room was not ready at 2.00 when I arrived to check in- no apology. nothing.
4. The swimming pools that look so great on the web site- the front pool is FREEZING (noone was in it) and the back pool (a teeny tiny lap pool) is only accessible by walking across a tennis court where people are playing tennis. What the-?
5. The much publicised Fire and Ice seafood buffet- some straggly prawns, a few sad oysters, some tired salads and awful cheap casserole food and desserts. POOR!
Don't bother with this place. There are plenty of other places. in Cairns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 12-story hotel towers, 3 blocks from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Cairns
- Rydges Cairns